Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deason

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
I've tried to find this everywhere. I suppose I'm not defining the question enough for Google to be of use to me.

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to switch from OS X to Windows 7 without actually rebooting my Mac. I know I can do the opposite switch (from Windows to OS X) sure there is a way to do the opposite that I am missing.

Nov 28, 2010
located
You mean like this?

Just so you know, when you are booted into Windows natively (Mac OS X is NOT running), and you use the Boot Camp Control Panel to start into Mac OS X, your computer shuts down and restarts or reboots.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Something like that is exactly what I was looking for. Is this the only/best option?
It seems that way, it is only taking two clicks, just like in Windows.
There is also a script out there, which can be placed in the Dock and that would be one click.

saraishboys

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2013
How to switch from windows to OS X?

I've tried to find this everywhere. I suppose I'm not defining the question enough for Google to be of use to me.

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to switch from OS X to Windows 7 without actually rebooting my Mac. I know I can do the opposite switch (from Windows to OS X) sure there is a way to do the opposite that I am missing.

How to switch from windows to OS X?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
This thread was for the other direction (OS X to Windows)
The linked app (Bootchamp) allows you to choose from the menubar to boot from OS X into Windows with a simple restart, without going through the Mac's Option-boot screen first. You don't need to do anything to get back to OS X _from_ Windows, except a simple restart - because the OS X boot partition is selected already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.