Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBrody

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Ordered mine on Sunday and received email saying it has shipped (to UK) today.

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
any pics of this?

just referred a coworker to this case cause the one he got at verizon keeps peeling up the sides of his screen protector.

Does this case seem like it'll be OK with the screen protector?

Yeah it's fine on mine. I have ps on the front and back and the case doesn't lift up the screen protector while still maintaining a lay on the table

Jmclark

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
Windham, ME
I got mine in the mail today! Sorry if these pics aren't very good, but the only camera I have besides my 4S is my MacBook's.

I like it, but at the same time I don't really know if I do. It's really slim, which is a nice change from my Otterbox Commuter, and the grip feels good, but I don't know how much protection it will provide my phone from drops. It also seems to not fit my 4S perfectly over the top of the phone, although it's not very visible in the picture. But the last picture is definitely my favorite part, the fact that it can fit my speaker cable!

I can't really see myself using this when I'm out at school and stuff, but it will be nice at home/in the car/my friends' houses, since the speaker cable fits. Definitely worth the $4.

Attachments

• Photo on 2012-02-02 at 21.30.jpg
    Photo on 2012-02-02 at 21.30.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Photo on 2012-02-02 at 21.30 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2012-02-02 at 21.30 #2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Photo on 2012-02-02 at 21.30 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2012-02-02 at 21.30 #3.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Photo on 2012-02-02 at 21.36.jpg
    Photo on 2012-02-02 at 21.36.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 64

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
For a virtually free case it's pretty nice. I love the grip over the SGP Linear I usually have on it. The fit isn't anything to write home about though. It doesn't fit particularly well on the top, has a bit of an arch or something looking at it from the front due to poor fit. The bottom above the port is loose as well. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't be very happy with it had i spent 15-20 bucks. For the ~$4 i paid, it was a good deal.

M-Ego

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is the deal still up? Why is it that it says $14.99 above the "add to cart"? At XS Cargo, you get a way better deal. They have different ones all the time in stock. The last time I was there, they sold three cases for 7.99. It was from Scoche and were in the Blue, Black, and Grey. Brand new in box with a clear plate at the back. Slim and had good grip. They also had an invisible Philip hard case for I think $2.99. They always have different ones on sale. Scoche Beef Case, Kickback Case, and a whole lot of more accessories! Really cheap! They sold a case like the Mophie case for 3GS for $19.99! And you can hook it on your belt and rotate it. The brand was sharper image. Go there! They sell cheap stuff!

ECUSnare

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2011
I ordered two of these over a week ago and still haven't received an email saying they have shipped. I might have to contact them after work.

cdcrowell

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
nashville,tn
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is the deal still up? Why is it that it says $14.99 above the "add to cart"? At XS Cargo, you get a way better deal. They have different ones all the time in stock. The last time I was there, they sold three cases for 7.99. It was from Scoche and were in the Blue, Black, and Grey. Brand new in box with a clear plate at the back. Slim and had good grip. They also had an invisible Philip hard case for I think $2.99. They always have different ones on sale. Scoche Beef Case, Kickback Case, and a whole lot of more accessories! Really cheap! They sold a case like the Mophie case for 3GS for $19.99! And you can hook it on your belt and rotate it. The brand was sharper image. Go there! They sell cheap stuff!

you have to put in the Coupon code: FreeZooGueAccessory
and then it will be free

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC
I ordered two of these over a week ago and still haven't received an email saying they have shipped. I might have to contact them after work.

I was in the same boat. Ordered 2 on the 28th, then heard absolutely nothing back. I had to contact them, and even then they took another 3 days to email me back. Just got a reply yesterday saying my cases had shipped on the 1st. Well that's news to me! Might just be because I didn't create an account with them when I checked out though.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
For those who ordered the case and received it, do you have any suggestions of what looks nice with the white iPhone? I've only seen the black case on the white phone.

I haven't seen too many photos of theses cases on actual iPhones.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Yeah if you ordered and haven't heard anything just reply to the order confirmation email and ask about it.

I replied this morning asking when mine would ship and Tim (Owner) emailed back the my order had shipped last week and I should be seeing it this week, and apologized for the delay.

thisonekidmongo

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
After over a week of waiting I finally got my white and red cases. As I've said in the past, I already own the gray/black versions from the previous free case offer and am a big fan of the fit, feel, and drop protection (which I quite accidentally tested out while running across a parking lot like a moron). It's not that I don't have complaints, but they're all pretty superficial, and I'm much happier having ordered four of these over one of any more expensive case.

Pictures below--pardon my ****** photography/camera, as I only have my girlfriend's crappy point-and-shoot and am generally bad at everything. First, the white, which I'm a fan of as I wanted a case that made my phone look like a solid white monolith:

CIMG1662.jpg

CIMG1666.jpg

CIMG1665.jpg

And the red, which are especially bad photos that I can't be arsed to retake since I don't much like this color and will probably never put it on my phone again. Including it just for the sake of anyone who wants to see how the color looks on the white 4S--personally, I was randomly hoping the color on the Zoogue website was deceptive and this would be a deeper red, but it is indeed a candy-colored, (if I may) distinctly girly red, almost more of a slightly pinkish neon-orange.

CIMG1659.jpg

CIMG1660.jpg

Further impressions:

-Right off the bat, unfortunately, the cutout for the sleep button is still not fixed. It's slightly too shallow, so the top lip of the case has a tiny roundish bulge to it. It personally doesn't bother me but I know it does others. They also now include a pointless raised sticker decal to put on the sleep button (under the case) to "improve functionality," but it doesn't make any difference that I can tell.
-As you might guess, the white case appears to have massive and immediate camera flash washout problems. I only noticed this issue sporadically on the gray/black versions.
-The cases now come in an actual box rather than a plastic bag (which honestly, I sort of miss--good coverage to take my phone to the beach). Guess they're ramping up to sell these for real.
-I still wish that ugly ****ing logo on the back was about 1000 times smaller.

Anyway, I'll probably be using the white case for the next couple weeks or so, and will throw the red one in a fire, so I'll report back on any yellowing issues, etc. if there's interest. At initial glance I'm pretty pleased with the look of it on the white 4S though.

*EDIT: Upon further examination, the cutout for the power button is bigger/hollower on the new cases than on the old ones. I guess this was done to help the power button fit better, but it really didn't fix the issue. Unfortunately, this does mean that it's necessary to use the power button sticker decal I mentioned (I put it directly on the inside of the case, rather than on the phone itself) or else the power button doesn't press very well inside the case.

Last edited:

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Thanks for posting the review and pictures, thisonekidmongo.

I really like the white case. I was hoping to order it, but wasn't sure of how it looked. Unfortunately, I placed my order a day before you posted these pictures. How do you like the grey case on your white iPhone?

SinisterKid

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
Roanoke, VA
Just put my order in for 2 but unfortunately the white was sold out. Ended up getting the light blue and orange. For 6 bux its not bad to have a little change every now and then.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I have two of these cases and both have the same issue in the same place

dscf0350m.jpg

Finally opened mine up this morning and I noticed the bow on the white case, but not so much on my dark gray case. Has anyone noticed any washout from the camera with this case?

cbmstocks

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2012
i ordered a orange case for myself, and light blue one for the ladyfriend. my case collection has grown quite a bit since i registered for this site.. :cool:

thisonekidmongo

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
How do you like the grey case on your white iPhone?
Quite a bit--probably tied with white as my favorite. It's a really classy matte shade of grey that contrasts well with the white of the phone and also looks a tad more interesting than the sea of black/white phone/case combos you see. I also get only sporadic flash splashback with it, though I confess I only rarely use the flash.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Quite a bit--probably tied with white as my favorite. It's a really classy matte shade of grey that contrasts well with the white of the phone and also looks a tad more interesting than the sea of black/white phone/case combos you see. I also get only sporadic flash splashback with it, though I confess I only rarely use the flash.

Thanks a lot for the response. The grey struck me as the nicest complement to the white phone, aside from the white case. I'm glad you like the look of yours.

I ordered the cases on Wednesday, and they shipped yesterday, so I hope to have them soon.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
No offense I get the idea that if you are going to put something on the market it should be good. But considering all the crappy cases out there that cost $34.95 (I'm looking at you clear incase snap case) this case is amazing. The thing is basically free other than shipping and it gives the Pixelskin HD a run for it's money (Which is also in the $30 range). So yeah for sub $5 i'll accept an issue here and there. I just don't get all the hating people are putting on this case. My 2 cents.

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
Got a white and a navy blue today.

Here are pics of the white one: (click for bigger image)

h96mg.jpg
mxmN0.jpg

O1I3D.jpg
chqvC.jpg

oIUBF.jpg
G43kL.jpg

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
No offense I get the idea that if you are going to put something on the market it should be good. But considering all the crappy cases out there that cost $34.95 (I'm looking at you clear incase snap case) this case is amazing. The thing is basically free other than shipping and it gives the Pixelskin HD a run for it's money (Which is also in the $30 range). So yeah for sub $5 i'll accept an issue here and there. I just don't get all the hating people are putting on this case. My 2 cents.

There's no hate, at least I don't believe there is, but there are some issues that should be addressed. The bowing at the top of the case can be an eye sore and the camera washout is another issue. Big difference between hating and addressing issues especially when more than one person have the same issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.