Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gordan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2012
Any idea how to acheive this exact text effect?

Text effect :
howtogetthistexteffect.jpg

Does this kind of text effect have any name? I know moonlight text effect and since i'm new to photoshop, i do not understand what blending effect settings need to be applied to text.
Detailed instructions on above text effect is highly appreciated.
I would really appreciate if you also direct me to similar text effect tutorials. Cheers!!

P.S. I'm looking for exact effects so kindly provide detailed settings. Cheers!! :eek:

Nov 28, 2010
located
Can this help?
2012_02_10_pB1_PS_BezelSettings.png
It is not exact, but with some playing around, you might find the one you want, unless that is not what you want.

Various tutorials, including text effect tuts, can be found here and here and probably here.

Gordan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2012
Can this help?
It is not exact, but with some playing around, you might find the one you want, unless that is not what you want.

Various tutorials, including text effect tuts, can be found here and here and probably here.

Thanks for reply but i couldn't get an exact output. There is an internal gradient, slight embossing, and an outer fine stroke. There also be a very slight drop shadow on the top one.
I couldn't figure out how to get an exact output from all those. My font size is 72px.
I did search a lot on PSDtutes and many many other websites but coudn't find this thing. Since i'm looking for exact output, i cannot refer to other tutes and achieve this output ('cuz i'm also new to photoshop). Cheers!! :apple:

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thanks for reply but i couldn't get an exact output. There is an internal gradient, slight embossing, and an outer fine stroke. There also be a very slight drop shadow on the top one.
I couldn't figure out how to get an exact output from all those. My font size is 72px.
I did search a lot on PSDtutes and many many other websites but coudn't find this thing. Since i'm looking for exact output, i cannot refer to other tutes and achieve this output ('cuz i'm also new to photoshop). Cheers!! :apple:

Just out of curiosity, why do you need the exact output?

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
A big majority of Photoshop is playing around to get the output. No one will probably be able to give you an exact output that matches perfectly.

Your base image is small so its hard to see but the bevel and contour options should get you close.

The "Gradient Overlay" box should get you the gradient, if not you'll have to make a custom gradient and use a clipping mask.

The outer stroke would be gotten by using the "Stroke" option.

Gordan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2012
Just out of curiosity, why do you need the exact output?
I'm designing a website for my product and i would like to have our slogan in that effect.

A big majority of Photoshop is playing around to get the output. No one will probably be able to give you an exact output that matches perfectly.

Your base image is small so its hard to see but the bevel and contour options should get you close.

The "Gradient Overlay" box should get you the gradient, if not you'll have to make a custom gradient and use a clipping mask.

The outer stroke would be gotten by using the "Stroke" option.

Yes i tried many things including the one you have mentioned above but couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm a coder and i haven't worked in photoshop that much. For past few hours i have been playing with many effects in PS but couldn't get any closer. :(

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
I'm designing a website for my product and i would like to have our slogan in that effect.

Yes i tried many things including the one you have mentioned above but couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm a coder and i haven't worked in photoshop that much. For past few hours i have been playing with many effects in PS but couldn't get any closer. :(

This is not exact, but it should get you close.

Attachments

• Not Exact.zip
    123.4 KB · Views: 177
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.