Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:56 PM   #1
rikers_mailbox
macrumors 6502a

Nano as iPhone bluetooth accessory?

I'm just thinking out loud here and wanted to see what other people thought...

As an upgrade path for the iPod Nano, it could become a really nice accessory for the iPhone (or iPad?). How so?

Imagine carrying an iPhone in your pocket/bag/purse and a Nano clipped somewhere on your persons. Adding bluetooth to the Nano with tie-ins to the iPhone would enable tons of things ...

- use the Nano as a sort of bluetooth headset. Plug in the mic'd headphones and make/take calls on it without the need to get your iPhone out. Clip it on your shirt pocket, just like Star Trek communicators!

- Notification center on your Nano (again, via bluetooth from your iPhone). For example, read your SMS and Twitter. Or get email alerts.

- Take a picture with your Nano (rumored camera upgrade), then it automatically sends it back to your iPhone and into Photo Stream.

Anyway, I'm beginning to see the Nano as an awesome add-on to the iPhone. Thoughts?
rikers_mailbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:35 PM   #2
radug
macrumors member

i'm Watch

it would be called i'm Watch, which is supposed to work with iOS too, not just Android (the device itself running a flavour of Android)
but yes, it would make a lot of sense (not to mention cool) for Apple to do this.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Carlanga
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by radug View Post
it would be called i'm Watch, which is supposed to work with iOS too, not just Android (the device itself running a flavour of Android)
but yes, it would make a lot of sense (not to mention cool) for Apple to do this.
That I'mwatch is laggy as hell and expensive.
The best Android smart watch so far is the new Sony's Smart Watch (AFAIK only works with android though) http://androidandme.com/2012/01/news...ny-smartwatch/

I will still wear my nano proud
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Shadyriley
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikers_mailbox View Post
I'm just thinking out loud here and wanted to see what other people thought...

As an upgrade path for the iPod Nano, it could become a really nice accessory for the iPhone (or iPad?). How so?

Imagine carrying an iPhone in your pocket/bag/purse and a Nano clipped somewhere on your persons. Adding bluetooth to the Nano with tie-ins to the iPhone would enable tons of things ...

- use the Nano as a sort of bluetooth headset. Plug in the mic'd headphones and make/take calls on it without the need to get your iPhone out. Clip it on your shirt pocket, just like Star Trek communicators!

- Notification center on your Nano (again, via bluetooth from your iPhone). For example, read your SMS and Twitter. Or get email alerts.

- Take a picture with your Nano (rumored camera upgrade), then it automatically sends it back to your iPhone and into Photo Stream.

Anyway, I'm beginning to see the Nano as an awesome add-on to the iPhone. Thoughts?

I have been hoping for this, they are also going to make the clip part a speaker
Shadyriley is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod