Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cankiss

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
oh no!

we have a serious problem.

i read that u guys said we can't change locations anymore. the game only let me change it once so i didn't think it was a problem for me.

today i turned off my location services and it set me to ny as usual. then i visited kittyville to franchise some businesses in coins. it seems it's a lost cause, every business asks me to pay in bucks. not as much as before but it's always bucks. i refreshed the game a couple of times but nothing changes :(

Barracuda Bay

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

cankiss said:

i read that u guys said we can't change locations anymore. the game only let me change it once so i didn't think it was a problem for me.

today i turned off my location services and it set me to ny as usual. then i visited kittyville to franchise some businesses in coins. it seems it's a lost cause, every business asks me to pay in bucks. not as much as before but it's always bucks. i refreshed the game a couple of times but nothing changes :(

Yeah, when I said you absolutely cannot change locations I meant it. I've been recently set in San Francisco with location services off. Doesn't matter. Game is patched to only read your GPS location. Not sure what it does when your services are turned off; but clearly there is some sort of detection set up. It does not manually ask you to input location at any time regardless of settings.

It WAS a good trick, as was the jail breaking of the phones and the infamous lock-screen glitch. Slowly they are trying to make the game fair. It is unfortunate that a lot of players have a big neck up on the others due to having access to the trick bag, but it can't be helped.

What I do not like is that we are all being punished with the popularity drops. Unfortunately, too many players are frozen at level 50 so our resources to stop the drops are being stifled as we can't get pts for jobs and check-ins. Whoever locked in popularity by franchising early got a big boost. We will have to see how things equalize.

sportsdevon

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2011
Update

Hey guys i am really not happy with booyah right now all the popularity is going down also this update is taking way to long if booyah does not make this update good i will be very mad.
And i hope somebody from booyah is reading this because they are really not making this update fast.lol
Thank's
please comment

CjWaggs

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2012
Hey Sportsdevon,
Did you find me in your friends yet? Just reminding you about the franchise that you promised. Thanks for the gift Barracuda.

Hey guys i am really not happy with booyah right now all the popularity is going down also this update is taking way to long if booyah does not make this update good i will be very mad.
And i hope somebody from booyah is reading this because they are really not making this update fast.lol
Thank's
please comment

----------

FYI Sportsdevon. M
Town Name - Samcro30952051
ID - 30952051

Hey Sportsdevon,
Did you find me in your friends yet? Just reminding you about the franchise that you promised. Thanks for the gift Barracuda.

----------

Dhelson. Are you able to find me in your friends yet? What is your ID?

Looks like I might need to contact support, I've added you as a friend but your town doesn't show up in the list.

If I try to re-add it just says your already my friend. Weird..

cankiss

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
jamesgunter1

thank you jamesgunter1 ! i got 50 bucks from your franchise :)

i sent u a three bucks gift :)

for anyone who's interested his town's id is 32048408

Barracuda Bay

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

cankiss said:
thank you jamesgunter1 ! i got 50 bucks from your franchise :)

i sent u a three bucks gift :)

for anyone who's interested his town's id is 32048408

Just a word of advice. Somebody who is able to pay enough bucks to give you 50 bucks in franchising fees probably doesn't need a bucks gift. Those players usually benefit most from a population gift. Even though Booyah has reduced the population gifts by 80%.

CJ Waggs - no problem, there will be more gifts coming. I know that with only 5 gifts to give, you have to be VERY selective in gifting. That you have chosen to gift me a number of times lately has not be overlooked. Please know I record all received gifts so nobody who shows kindness will go unrepaid.

Devon, I agree with your frustration. Seriously Booyah, stop with these holiday / special event promotions and focus all attention on the update. With this long a wait and all the many unexpected game changes lately, you owe us BIG if you want continued loyalty.

Kittyville

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2012

Hi Cankiss thanks for stopping by, you know how it worked for me. Under Social using the Explore tab visit someone nearby in NY, not your friends but a neighbor, you'll then see that it's set to coins, then go back into the city you want and you'll see that those are set to coins too. I swear that's worked for me..

Kittyville

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2012
So the first picture shows that I'm in Barracuda's town, notice how his IBM says I have to pay in bucks.

After I go into a neighbor's city nearby, I got back into Barracudas town and it's now set to coins.. Voila... lol

Attachments

• photo (3).PNG
    photo (3).PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • photo (6).PNG
    photo (6).PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 64

cankiss

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012

Just a word of advice. Somebody who is able to pay enough bucks to give you 50 bucks in franchising fees probably doesn't need a bucks gift. Those players usually benefit most from a population gift. Even though Booyah has reduced the population gifts by 80%.

CJ Waggs - no problem, there will be more gifts coming. I know that with only 5 gifts to give, you have to be VERY selective in gifting. That you have chosen to gift me a number of times lately has not be overlooked. Please know I record all received gifts so nobody who shows kindness will go unrepaid.

Devon, I agree with your frustration. Seriously Booyah, stop with these holiday / special event promotions and focus all attention on the update. With this long a wait and all the many unexpected game changes lately, you owe us BIG if you want continued loyalty.

i know that captain obvious :) and i usually send population to those people but his population was 1million and with the triple rewards thing, the population gift would be less than before. i wanted to give back some of his bucks even though it's very little and because the triple thing only works for bucks. anyways that was my choice :)

Barracuda Bay

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2012

Kittyville said:
So the first picture shows that I'm in Barracuda's town, notice how his IBM says I have to pay in bucks.

After I go into a neighbor's city nearby, I got back into Barracudas town and it's now set to coins.. Voila... lol

This is good news. Although you apparently can't set new locations, if you are already in another manually set location, it's still saved. You just have to check into a neighbor's town to trigger it. Definitely a relief. This means I can't ever leave SF, but there are still tech companies in the area that I want, so not a huge disappointment. Sure many others will benefit.

Was surprised that Booyah would eliminate our previously saved venues as that would defeat the true purpose of the feature: to allow players with faulty location services or lousy signals to be able to play the game without an actual GPS detection.

Syno

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2012
Berlin, Germany, Europe
Hi Cankiss thanks for stopping by, you know how it worked for me. Under Social using the Explore tab visit someone nearby in NY, not your friends but a neighbor, you'll then see that it's set to coins, then go back into the city you want and you'll see that those are set to coins too. I swear that's worked for me..

Thats what I am doing too, and it works....but, dont say it too loud here, otherwise the Booyah spies will take this off from us too like the they did for so many other things :)

@Candyland: again and again thanks for all your help....:)

cankiss

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012

it really works :) i did that and then i went to your town and franchised your four seasons :)

i know coins may not be what u need now but that's all i can do for now :)

finally i have a decent travel business :)

Aw5678

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2012
Nowhereville, ID: 29728491
Let's try this...

Since I'm trying to franchise one more biz to complete my town (for now) and I've been thru my neighbors and found some good leads from this forum, but I'd like to see who else has what....

Is there anyone else in southern ca that I could franchise from that has some decent popularity biz's? I'd really like to franchise in coins....?

licat

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2011
The Wait for Next Update is Too Long

sportsdevon: I've been stuck at Level 50 since December and am extremely tired of the popup message "More Levels Coming Soon!"

I want to have high hopes for the next update, but with all the patching and reworking that's been going on recently, it's hard to be optimistic. Booyah must be trying to identify and fill each and every hole, but that may not be realistic.

I'll continue adding to my coin and buck banks the slow way (without hw or file manipulation), and hopefully will be prepared for whatever changes are finally, finally released.

I do think Booyah will limit the number of multiple Wonders and the number of any single kind of business in some way, either a hard number or a percentage of the business total--that is why I'm still adding to my banks while I can.

Wishlist:
- Reduce the remodeling cost for Premium Looks to 3-5 bucks. 20 is much too expensive to pay for each and every business one wants to remodel.
- LAND WAREHOUSE LAND WAREHOUSE LAND WAREHOUSE LAND WAREHOUSE LAND WAREHOUSE!!!

29434232 Monstropolis

Thank's
please comment

Last edited:

Kittyville

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2012
it really works :) i did that and then i went to your town and franchised your four seasons :)

i know coins may not be what u need now but that's all i can do for now :)

finally i have a decent travel business :)

yay thanks I need lots of coins I've been blowing them all on land..:D

jbmiami2012

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2012
Wow

Wow, thanks for all the gifts!! I just figured out how to friend the people who gifted me, so eventually, I'll get you back if I haven't already.... Special thanks to my buds CL and GG!! They get priority gifts :D

I seriously regret having "cleaned up", and removed businesses and population level. It took me almost everything I had to get back to where I was for a new business. I recommend you guys don't delete businesses, especially if you can buy more land.

Then I get a ton of population gifts, from out of the blue.... Go figure. :rolleyes:Thanks Wayne's World. Bear (bare?) with me as I get back to all of you.

I am such a total nerd. :p I actually created a couple of spreadsheets, and an algorythm to maximise my business income without having all offices, and also keeping one of each category, for errands/check ins.

Strange about the changing of locations.... It worked for me last night, but I think I had to fiddle with it more than usual.... I think I did something similar to what was just described. OMG. I hope I'm not stuck in NYC forever. Hahaha.

----------

by the way, you can change all of your businesses to the same category for long stretches, to really maximize your income, because you don't foresake any income from errands. My algorythm is rough, but it's pretty good. I also know which ones to put on double speed in priority, for faster income....

Another thing. If you're working your businesses, and you're fast, you can change the category WHILE someone is asking you for an 'errand', and still get the $$.

----------

oh, and I'm still looking for a REAL travel company that has high popularity, if anyone knows of one.:eek:

----------

sorry, last comment, :D If you want to gift me, I prefer bucks, then coins, then population :D

jbmiami2012

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2012
http://mytown2.proboards.com

No offense taken. But, next time please send me a message instead of calling me out on the board. ;) It's fine though, because it gives me a chance to pimp the Forum. Please trust that my intentions are good.

1. I started that Forum just a few days ago to HELP the MT2 players. We all met on this board, that's what we have in common. The reality though is that this is a SINGLE THREAD of a much larger forum. Because this thread is getting so long, it's hard to find answers and information to basic questions about the game. I noticed some newbies were "complaining" about their posts and questions getting passed over. And people were asking questions that have already been answered several times on this thread. I thought it would be good to have an organized Forum entirely dedicated to MT2. As you can see there are several different sections and each topic can be its own thread. Members can still have general banter (the best part) about the game and request franchising and gifts etc. And also contribute content that will help other players.

We had a forum like this for the Original MT called "mytownies.net" that was AWESOME! Ended up having hundreds of members and was the most complete guide to MT that you can imagine.

So, in a Forum environment, if someone asks a question - it gets answered - and anyone else down the road can find it easily.

I was honestly hoping that we could kind of move this thread and it's members over there and continue with ALL existing members. By no means am I trying to divide or disperse this great community.

It's obvious that most of the members here are the most dedicated, knowledgable, hard-core MT2 players in the world. It would make sense to have these people contribute to the best MT2 Forum.

Anyone can contribute. If anyone wants to help add content or even moderate parts of the board - let me know.

2. My bad. Honest mistake - I thought you were asking for the most popular "Travel Business" so I was pointing out that any business could be a travel business.

FYI, http://mytown2.proboards.com was created only 3 days ago. We have 10 members - 16 Topics - most viewed post is 60 times. Not bad. If it happens, it happens.. if no interest.. no biggie.

Thank you. :)

Sorry for calling you out. My bad. Didn't think to send a message, and looking back, it sounds harsher than intended. U go ahead and pimp your forum. I'm for anything that helps, and I get why you're doing it :).

----------

though I didn't buy, delete & rebuy to check the answer, I thought this was an off answer too. I think u r right that it is better to franchise. I get more money from my franchised stores & in the long run, getting the jobs free is better & saves a lot of money.

so, agreed w/ u, Cankiss! (lol) anyone else have thoughts on this?

Agree. Franchising is better. Plus, all time periods of checking in are free, not just the 3 minute one. With own businesses, you are charged for cashing in for any other time frame, over 3 minutes. This adds up, if you're doing a 4 hr. stretch (or 10 hrs. for some).

licat

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2011
The Inhabitants of Our Towns :)

One of the reasons I enjoy My Town 2 is observing all the very nicely detailed people and critters running around. While exploring, I saw some things that I do not have so I started this informal list thinking it might be fun for everyone to read and eventually could add to Solsville fyi list.

It seems that a vehicle or resident can be given by multiple items.
Premium Looks seem to also be sources for characters.
There also seems to be some inconsistency--some persons aren't getting items while others receive them without having to buy anything.

I'd like to ask help from the community to complete and to correct as necessary.
Are there other MT2 residents that you have that aren't listed here?
If everyone can watch their structures and what pops out from them, please share your observations--thanks!

purple and white ice cream truck - playground, which was one of the earliest goals to be completed.
blue VW bus - appeared in my town early
yellow VW bus - might be from the 60's House
white public transportation bus - bus station
yellow taxicab - taxicab stand
red fire truck - fire house
yellow school bus - elementary school
police black and white - police station
red convertible - Mansion, Modern Villa, Villa
purple and pink bus - Metro Fashion Museum (Wonder), New Year's Concert Stage (limited item), New Year's Countdown Ball
white ambulance with red cross - hospital
white mail truck - post office
red sedan - Townhouse
yellow pickup/open bed truck - Trailer Home

mummy, flying witch on broom, frankenstein - (limited 2011 Halloween, might be the cemetary)
turkey and pilgrim - turkey farm (limited 2011 item)
elves: green outfit with red hat, girl elf wearing red dress with green hat, green shirt and hat with yellow pants - ginger bread house (limited 2011 item)
brown (corgi, spitz) and white dogs - dog park
dark haired man; tilted top hat and monocle - Modern Villa
girl with fluffy pigtails, pink top, yellow-orange pants - Duplex and Dutch House
girl with shocking pink top and hat, sky blue pants - Countdown Ball (limited New Year)
boy with light blue pants - Townhouse
mailman; white pith helmet, light blue shirt/dark pants, bag worn across chest - Post Office
girl wearing a green mask, pink hat and pants - New Year's Countdown Ball
boy wearing a striped party hat - New Year's Countdown Ball
hipster dude wearing a fedora, red tank top, suspenders and sandals - Downtown Apartments (aka brownstone ;))
dude with a tank top, sandals, fedora, and glasses - same as above?
body builder/weightlifter who's doing a semi-squat while flexing a barbell - gym
man, dark hair, tophat at an angle, monocle, black suit - VIP Luxury Apartments and other source(s)
lady, brown hair in a bun and pinky-purply dress - High Rise Condo
lady, black hair, headband, belted light blue shirt, brown boots, glasses - Victorian
man, top of the head is bald, mustache, navy blue suit - High Rise Condo
man, black hair, black tuxedo - VIP Luxury Apartments
woman, black hair, long black dress - VIP Luxury Apartments
skateboarder, red hat and shirt - skateboard park, Toy Store Premium Look
flying cupid - Valentine Cupid Fountain
(side note: I bought the Townhouse for the red sedan but it still hasn't appeared.)

I've seen these items but don't know what gives them:
blue sedan - ?
yellow sedan - ?
blue open bed truck - ?
red open bed truck - ?

Besides the Metro Fashion Museum, do any of the other Wonders give people or critters?
Superbowl - anything?
Does the Military Base give any vehicles: tank? jeep?

Last edited:

YarnGoddess

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2012
Oakley, California
Quick Response

Licat, thanks for listing the various vehicles and how you get them. I have both colors of the VW Bus, but I got them early on (from some housing, I think), but I can't give you a definitive answer.

I did NOT get the ice cream truck and am really bummed about it.

As far as tanks being given with barracks, the answer is no. You don't get anything with the barracks.

I don't remember if you mentioned the pickup truck or not, but if you didn't, you get it with the trailer (housing).

Someone also mentioned the triple thing only working with bucks. Not true. I got 15 check-ins as a gift.

I just want to say that my goal is to make as realistic a town (modeled after the one I live in) as I can. I don't care about billions of coins or truckloads of bucks; I don't change a grocery store into a certain kind of business and then buy 20 stock exchanges to maximize profit. I do franchise because a lot of the businesses I want won't show up on search, and since it does take me time to save up enough coins to buy property, it makes developing that property feasible. I'm also like another player who made a recent comment - I just enjoy watching all the cars and people going about their business and wandering the town. I get a kick out of the whole thing. I think it's the cartoonish quality of the game which makes it more enjoyable than something like Sim City. Besides, the Sim games are so full of rules that they're no fun to play.

JMHO. :cool:

----------

Licat, the red convertible doesn't come with the mansion. I had it long before I bought the mansion. I also have all the sedans and just know they were given with various housing. I don't know if buying a certain house/apartment gave them or if they were just handed out.

The only pickup I have is yellow. Like said, it came with the trailer.

Barracuda Bay

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2012

YarnGoddess said:
Licat, thanks for listing the various vehicles and how you get them. I have both colors of the VW Bus, but I got them early on (from some housing, I think), but I can't give you a definitive answer.

As far as tanks being given with barracks, the answer is no. You don't get anything with the barracks.

I don't remember if you mentioned the pickup truck or not, but if you didn't, you get it with the trailer (housing).

Someone also mentioned the triple thing only working with bucks. Not true. I got 15 check-ins as a gift.

I just want to say that my goal is to make as realistic a town (modeled after the one I live in) as I can. I don't care about billions of coins or truckloads of bucks; I don't change a grocery store into a certain kind of business and then buy 20 stock exchanges to maximize profit. I do franchise because a lot of the businesses I want won't show up on search, and since it does take me time to save up enough coins to buy property, it makes developing that property feasible. I'm also like another player who made a recent comment - I just enjoy watching all the cars and people going about their business and wandering the town. I get a kick out of the whole thing. I think it's the cartoonish quality of the game which makes it more enjoyable than something like Sim City. Besides, the Sim games are so full of rules that they're no fun to play.

----------

Licat, the red convertible doesn't come with the mansion. I had it long before I bought the mansion. I also have all the sedans and just know they were given with various housing. I don't know if buying a certain house/apartment gave them or if they were just handed out.

Just want to throw my 2 cents in and clarify two misstatements.

1. The triple gifts work for everything: coins, bucks, lightning, checking, experience and gifts. I can say this safely as I have received every type of gift. The thing with population is, you do get x3, as it will show 3 sets of gifts. However, population gift was severely lowered (from 850 to 175), so the x3 is actually far less than the previous x1. If you gift population, it will be tripled from the new "normal" rate of 175 to the x3 rate of 525. Also x3 check-ins are 12, not 15.

2. The red convertible does indeed come with the mansion. I can show you a town with 18 mansions and 18 red convertibles.

I would like to see a complete "character list," so good luck. Sadly, none of the football or valentine's stuff introduced anyone new to the town.

cankiss

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
candy land

special thanks to lovely andy again. i got 216 bucks from his franchises.

thank you candy land, i'll be sending u ppl in 2 hours ( i'm out for now :p )

bigbridge59

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2012
elizabethtown, il
kittyville,

Anyhow, I've kind of been avoiding media this week after "the event that shall not be named" happened on Sunday. :(

Just when I thought I was safe I logged into the game Monday and the big "Congratulations NY" popped up.. Boohoooo :(:( waaaaa

Anyhow if anyone wants to franchise in coins I got the premium look for almost all my businesses. I got LV, Saks, Four Seasons, Apple, Radio City, Carnegie Hall, all in NY... :D

I also have most set at level 10 so of you have an extra gift to spare gift in bucks.. :D

New Kittyville 31876445

I tried tosend a message but unsuccessful. I am interested in a barracudas and one of your at the time, but I need more population before I can buy something again......I am rearrangeing my town, finally.......hmmmmmm.....what to do , what to do???

licat

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2011
YarnGoddess MT2 Residents and Critters

YardGoddess: Hello and Thank You for replying!

I'm sorry that you don't have the convertible. It's very cute with the smiling passengers tooling around town.
I had to ask how to get that car and was told by someone on this forum that the mansion was the source, so I bought some and voila! I did get a convertible for each of the mansions.

Y'know, this is more evidence that there are inconsistencies going on; similar to the two sets of job times (I'd have to look for the 2 versions).

I think I've discovered that the red sedan comes with the Townhouse. I found a new town and that's what popped up. That of course doesn't mean only the Townhouse, but at least that is one source.

oh yes thanks I called the pickup truck an open bed truck.

While I'm still collecting coins and bucks, I'm not feeling quite as anxious about it. I've begun moving things around and I'm looking forward to making my town look nice.

----------

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.