Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We've been covering Apple's forthcoming Amsterdam retail store with interest for some time now, as it will be the company's first location in the Netherlands. While development has been slowed by historic preservation issues, rumors last month suggested that the store could open on February 18.

apple_store_amsterdam_orange_1.jpg

Photo from One More Thing
Apple indeed appears to be getting closer to opening the store, as today it unveiled striking new orange window coverings announcing that the location will be "opening soon". Several Dutch sites including One More Thing [Google translation] and iPhoneclub.nl [Google translation] have posted photos of the store.

apple_store_amsterdam_orange_2.jpg

Photo from iPhoneclub.nl
Orange is the national color of the Netherlands, while the three vertically-stacked Apple logos are a play on the three crosses found in Amsterdam's coat of arms and which are popularly used to represent the city.

An opening date for the new store remains unknown, with hiring plans and glimpses of the store's interior suggesting that it will not quite meet the previously-rumored February 18 date.

Article Link: Apple Unveils Striking New Window Coverings at Forthcoming Amsterdam Store

Themaeds

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
The only window shopping I will be doing in Amsterdam usually involves the color red....not orange

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
It is very odd for Apple to put 3 logos in the same place. This surprises me greatly.

ForzaJuve

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2009
It is very odd for Apple to put 3 logos in the same place. This surprises me greatly.
---------------------------
You know what they say... once you go Mac you ain't never gonna go back.

Just a question about your signature, did you mean to say "you ain't ever gonna go back?" Because the way it reads now is that you are NOT never going to go back, which actually means that you are going to go back.

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
Just a question about your signature, did you mean to say "you ain't ever gonna go back?" Because the way it reads now is that you are NOT never going to go back, which actually means that you are going to go back.

It is purposefully grammatically incorrect.

Do a google search for "ain't never".

----------

Did you just look at the photos and not read the article? :confused:

Oops. :eek: Sorry, that was just my initial reaction. I should have read through the article first.

Last edited:

thekris1234

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
Were these shop coverings sponsored by EasyJet?

It looks horrific. That's not how Apple do things.

White coverings with one greyish Apple logo on each panel.

Bright Orange and 3 Apple logo's? ********* hell that looks ridiculous.

Imagine their website looking like that.

jaison13

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2003
pittsburgh
i love that apple isn't a box store where every location looks pretty much exactly the same. either they put the store in a cool building or build a cool building.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.