|Feb 14, 2012, 09:29 AM||#1|
Apple's Architectural Contributions Examined in New Magazine
CLOG, a new quarterly architecture magazine, has opted to cover Apple in its just-published February 2012 issue. The magazine offers nearly 150 pages of stories and images about Apple and architecture, with coverage ranging from Steve Jobs' boyhood Eichler home to the company's forthcoming "spaceship campus" to Apple's network of over 350 retail stores around the world.
- An interview with Apple's third founder, Ron Wayne, addressing a number of topics including Wayne's design of the original Apple logo, Jobs' ambitions in his early days, and Wayne's thoughts on Apple's design and engineering work.
- A humor piece from Colbert Report writer Frank Lesser in which he examines what it would be like if Apple had to purchase a retail store design from a company like itself. In a letter from the fictional architecture firm responding to Apple's request for proposal for a store at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, Lesser promotes store features drawn from Apple's own mystique, including a staircase known as "FeetTime", rubberized covers to product the store's glass panels, and an Apple Store Care extended warranty program.
- A visual size comparison of Apple's planned "spaceship campus" in Cupertino to a number of landmarks around the world.
- An illustrative view of Apple's prototype store facade and how that facade is modified at certain locations to respond to site-specific constraints to provide a customized and yet still-familiar look for most of its stores.
- Two pieces from ifoAppleStore's Gary Allen discussing the evolution of Apple's retail store designs and using the 4th Street retail store in Berkeley, California as an example of the company's attention to detail.
- A number of redacted response letters from people and companies who refused to comment for the CLOG issue, primarily due to confidentiality agreements with Apple.
CLOG : APPLE is available from a handful of bookstores, or directly from the magazine's site at a price of $15 plus shipping ($5 U.S. and $10 international).
Article Link: Apple's Architectural Contributions Examined in New Magazine
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Apple's (Product) RED Charity Contributions Reach $70 Million||MacRumors||MacRumors.com News Discussion||90||Apr 8, 2014 09:38 AM|
|Apple's Contracts With European iPhone Carriers Examined for Potential Antitrust Issues||MacRumors||MacRumors.com News Discussion||107||Mar 29, 2013 01:14 PM|
|Fitness and Fashion iPad Magazine by GlamFit Magazine||Chlo3||iPad Apps||0||Nov 30, 2012 05:16 PM|
|So I examined the backs of every iPhone in an Apple store today||SilentCrs||iPhone||36||Sep 25, 2012 09:24 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.