Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mac2012 said:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Didn't like her or her music.The stupendous Etta James dies and not a peep on here,get a grip people.
They were BOTH great in their own ways... can you respect the dead and NOT take sides children?

What? I just said I didn't like her or her music,I didn't say I was glad she died.Respect for the dead? Does that mean my opinion has to change because a person dies? How does that work with someone like Bin Laden for instance.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Last night, I read Jennifer Hudson was going to lead a tribute to Whitney at the Grammys on Twitter and thought it was a joke, but apparently it's true.

Really? What is she the go-to memorial singer now? They couldn't find any other people to do it?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/story/2012-02-12/whitney-houston/53057884/1

I saw her performance I thought she did a terrific job. Given the pressure of that situation, millions looking on her to give a meaningful tribute to a golden voice pop goddess in front of an arena full of professional musicians.

BEN779

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2011
I agree, she did an amazing job. Only reason I watched the Grammys, besides Adele's live performance.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Last night, I read Jennifer Hudson was going to lead a tribute to Whitney at the Grammys on Twitter and thought it was a joke, but apparently it's true.

Really? What is she the go-to memorial singer now? They couldn't find any other people to do it?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/story/2012-02-12/whitney-houston/53057884/1

Probably because she is one of the few who have pipes like Whitney did. Perhaps you would have preferred one of the no-talent, autotune using 'singers' instead.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
They could of had Dolly Parton sing it, since that is her song.

Jennifer did fine under the circumstances and short notice but I don't think anyone would be able to sing it the way Whitney did 20 years ago.

BEN779

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2011
Just the difference, or course. ;)

It can be that big a deal. It's all in their database.

Yes, whatever that is, 25% difference? They better don't come out and say you bought it for that amount we shouldn't refund you.
That's dirty by Sony, and I don't believe it was a mistake.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
So where were these people to get Whitney help before she killed herself?

I have asked myself that question as well and sadly haven't been able to answer that question- also it is not known if she has killed herself but only assumed.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I have asked myself that question as well and sadly haven't been able to answer that question- also it is not known if she has killed herself but only assumed.
She took a bunch of pills and drank alcohol, maybe not intentional but she killed herself.

chris200x9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2006
Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

silly-bitches-only-i-can-do-that-much-cocaine.jpg

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So the autopsy results are in.
An official for the L.A. County Coroner's Office just stated ... Whitney Houston used cocaine immediately prior to her death.

Coroner Chief Craig Harvey just held a news conference -- claiming the toxicology results suggested Whitney was a "chronic" cocaine user.

Harvey described the cocaine level in Whitney's system as "acute" -- indicating Whitney used the drug not long before she accidentally drowned in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton hotel last month. "Accidental drowning" is listed as Whitney's official cause of death.

According to Harvey, the autopsy revealed a 60% narrowing of Whitney's arteries -- a direct result of the chronic cocaine use. Harvey claims the artery constriction led to a cardiac event before her death.

As for the other drugs in her system -- marijuana, Benadryl, Flexeril, and Xanax -- which Harvey claims were all at or below therapeutic levels ... and did not significantly contribute to her death.
http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/22/whitney-houston-coroner-cause-of-death-drowning-cocaine/#.T2vlqmJSSG4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.