Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Zomy
macrumors member

Exclamation How to transfer any file from iPad 2 useing wirless?

hello all,
i am new to apple products and i have ipad2 wifi i would like to know how i can transfer any file from my laptop or computer to ipad2 using wireless ? or only i have to use itunes??
plz i would like step by step

sorry but i am still new for apple products and don't know to much about how to use ipad2
any help?
thx

Last edited by Zomy; Feb 12, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
Zomy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

Go to Apple.com and download the appropriate User Guide. Http://support.apple.com/manuals/
Ashwood11 is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:03 PM   #3
Zomy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwood11 View Post
Go to Apple.com and download the appropriate User Guide. Http://support.apple.com/manuals/
sorry i am trying to read but i cant understand well
if anyone can help me step by step would be great
thx for trying to help me

still waiting plzz anyhelp

Last edited by Zomy; Feb 12, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Zomy
macrumors member

still no any help??

if anyone can help me and say how to use wireless to transfer files to ipad2 using wireless plz tell me
thx
Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:01 PM   #5
porcupine8
macrumors 6502a

The easiest way is via Dropbox. Go to Dropbox.com and set up a folder on your laptop - you move stuff in and out of this folder just like it were a regular folder on your computer.

Then download the Dropbox app on your iPad and link it to the same account - presto, instant access to everything in that folder! You can also set up the folder across multiple computers, share folders within it with other people, access it from the web when you're away, etc.

(Oh, and it's all free for the first 2gb.)

Last edited by porcupine8; Feb 14, 2012 at 08:13 AM.
porcupine8 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:42 PM   #6
drambuie
macrumors 6502a

You can use Filebrowser or Files Connect, available from the appstore at $4.99 each. Either of these enable you to connect to and browse Macs or PCs on the network, and other computers can browse the iPad. Files can be transferred to and from the iPad. I purchased Files Connect last weekend and my iPad 2 appears as a share in Finder on my MBP. It also appears in Network on my Windows desktop PC.

The publisher of Files Connect has another product, Desktop Connect, which allows you to make VPN connections from the iPad.
drambuie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:35 PM   #7
AppleDApp
macrumors 68020

Dropbox is the way to go.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:36 PM   #8
Zomy
macrumors member

thx all

dropbox is goood thx,but if there is any way to transfer by using wifi wireless will be much better than dropbox coz dropbox u have to upload the file then u can download it
but i think by wifi will be easy and fast so if there more help will be so good
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:51 PM   #9
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomy View Post
thx all

dropbox is goood thx,but if there is any way to transfer by using wifi wireless will be much better than dropbox coz dropbox u have to upload the file then u can download it
Well, as another poster suggested previously, try FileBrowser and Files Connect. Also, many apps have a wifi transfer function built-in. Like I have video playing apps and book reading apps where you go into the app, put it into wifi mode, then you can connect from your computer's web browser to send files to the iPad over wifi.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:18 PM   #10
AppleDApp
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomy View Post
thx all

dropbox and wifi transfer offer similar speeds.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:23 PM   #11
porcupine8
macrumors 6502a

You should really try Dropbox before deciding it's too slow - its free after all, might as well give it a shot. I am amazed at how easy it is. I'm jailbroken and can use my camera connection kit to transfer files via USB but never bother to because Dropbox is so convenient.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:29 PM   #12
AppleDApp
macrumors 68020

Dropbox works great with apps like GoodReader. You annote a PDF on the iPad the annotated version is automatically sent to dropbox and ready for use on your mac.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:21 PM   #13
laurenr
macrumors 6502a

Goodreader App will transfer documents from your iPad to your computer. Read their support page, it will show you simple steps to achieve this. Here is an example from their site where a file is being sent via wifi from an ipod to a computer. (The iPad transfer method will be identical):

Link:
http://goodreader.com/gr-man-tr-wifi...p5_ShowDetails

I use both Goodreader and Dropbox, great apps!
laurenr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting