|Feb 14, 2012, 07:05 PM||#1|
how to force openssl command to read ldap.conf by default?
I'm stuck with this openssl problem for a week... What I'm trying to do is to enable SSL via Open Directory. Here is what I did so far:
- Exported self-signed root certificate authority and certificate from server in .csr format, renamed to .pem and imported this CA in client machine via Keychain Access App. (later also copied to /etc/openldap/mycert)
- At Terminal window I entered: <openssl s_client -connect aaa.example.com:636 -showcert"> and copied the server certificate that begin with "----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----", pasted on Textedit and saved it with a name "mycert.pem".
- under /etc/openldap I created mycert directory and pasted those two pem file mentioned above, and rehashed with command <sudo c_rehash> and it created link files that have a .0 extension.
- at this moment I redo <openssl s_client -connect aaa.example.com:636 -CApath /etc/openldap/mycert> and it returns "Verify return code: 0 (ok)".
- I thought everything's fine so I modified /etc/openldap/ldap.conf and added the line "TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/mycert", so that I run again openssl command without -CAPath and then it returned "Verify return code: 21 (unable to verify the first certificate)". What's wrong here...?
- when I run the command <ldapsearch -V -x -H ldaps://aaa.example.com:636 -b "dc=aaa,dc=example,dc=com"> it returns "result: 0 success". I also opened Directory Utility and double clicked LDAPv3 in the Services tab, and ticked "SSL" box. It seemed that everything went well, but when I restart my iMac/Macbook, at the login window it doesn't show available directory network anymore (without SSL works fine).
my enviroment is:
Intel imac 24 late 2006 - snow leopard 10.6.8 Server,
Intel imac 27 late 2009 - snow leopard 10.6.8,
macbook pro Intel 2011 - snow leopard 10.6.8.
If anyone knows how to force openssl to real properly ldap.conf file, or knows how to fix this problem, please answer me. Thanks!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What command am I supposed to use to set read-write to my hdd drive?||maceatsapple||MacBook||0||Sep 16, 2013 10:39 AM|
|Force hibernate, but default to sleep||Supp0rtLinux||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion||8||Mar 4, 2013 12:55 PM|
|httpd_server_app.conf vs httpd.conf - could someone please clarify?||zzTontozz||Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking||0||Jan 28, 2013 09:04 PM|
|Default slide to read on new messages||johndallas999||iOS 6||2||Nov 29, 2012 05:44 PM|
|iPad Mini: Default font override in Perfect Browser makes things much easier to read||Jacoblee23||iPad||47||Nov 19, 2012 01:31 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.