Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Wish it could integrate with my to-do lists in Reminders. Nothing fancy. Just pull in each one as a list, and push it back out on app exit. Doesn't even need extra functionality like location based reminders. I can use Siri for that. Just as long as it doesn't remove that functionality from existing reminders. Play dumb about it—whatever. I'm using this for projects like website design where I have about 80 things to power through. Stuff that would take too long to enter into any other to-do app, but I still need to keep track of when running about the office and emailing clients.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
looks neat im gonna check it out, its less than a cheeseburger after all ^^

btw do people really type like that? it would take me forever lol typing with 2 thumbs is a lot faster

musefreek

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
I bought it and am pleased to report that it's an awesome little app. For only 69p it's hardly going to break the bank...

I think the UI is realyl great and the touch motions come very natural. I can see myself using this. However, if the can somehow integrate a reminder function then it'll be so much better.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
I personally use "due." So far in my whole iphone history, thats the only app i dont regret spendning 5 dollars on.

was going to buy this app to try out but it doesnt even have a reminder feature

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Wish it could integrate with my to-do lists in Reminders. Nothing fancy. Just pull in each one as a list, and push it back out on app exit. Doesn't even need extra functionality like location based reminders. I can use Siri for that. Just as long as it doesn't remove that functionality from existing reminders. Play dumb about it—whatever. I'm using this for projects like website design where I have about 80 things to power through. Stuff that would take too long to enter into any other to-do app, but I still need to keep track of when running about the office and emailing clients.

hi macduke,

you should look at 2Do then as it might serve you better. I haven't bothered to check out the new feature, but it does sync with your calendar. Not sure about reminders. You can create different lists for different tasks (ie. different website clients etc...). I use the checkmark feature often for lists. Works well.

If you're really busy, also check out daylite (for your mac - they have an i-device app too). it's a customer relations management tool, but one of the more powerful features for business is being able to create project lists containing sub-items which can be the same across the board.

It's made a huge difference for me so I thought I would mention it. Definitely more money and more to set up at first, but once that part is done, 90% of the task organizing is good to go.

Sorry if that's a touch off topic, but I think it warrants a mention :)
(No, i don't work for them either).

Cheers,
Keebler

Trik

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2011
Washington, DC
Why complain about .99

I really don't understand people that complain about an app when it costs less than a dollar. It is ridiculous. You seriously must be going bald if you track every single dollar you spend and rate it on a scale of to determine if it was truly worth the cost.

I mean, I guess if you're super frugal, maybe then I can understand why you complain about an app not being worth .99, but if you were that frugal, wouldn't you have figured out that your time is also worth more than the time it takes to post how something wasn't worth .99?

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
With all the fuss over this app i was expecting something ground breaking. Its a bit meh to be honest.

Back to reminders for me I think.

IlliniDude

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
Which app do you guys reccomend for a shared todo list? My fiance and I have been trying to find one. We just want a simple list, something like this...

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

Then check off each one and have it show as completed on the other person's app as well. Clear seems cool, but doesn't appear to have any sharing ability.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Which app do you guys reccomend for a shared todo list? My fiance and I have been trying to find one. We just want a simple list, something like this...

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

Then check off each one and have it show as completed on the other person's app as well. Clear seems cool, but doesn't appear to have any sharing ability.

Do you share an iCloud account? there is a part on the stock Reminders app where you can save them to the cloud

IlliniDude

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
Do you share an iCloud account? there is a part on the stock Reminders app where you can save them to the cloud

Thanks. We don't currently, but we've talked about doing so. I'm not sure how to set that up exactly (different contact lists, etc.) so it would probably involve a trip to the Apple Store.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

Apple's built in reminders app should do that if you use the same mobileme account to sync? I think it does anyways, I haven't tried it. Seems like it would be perfect.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Thanks. We don't currently, but we've talked about doing so. I'm not sure how to set that up exactly (different contact lists, etc.) so it would probably involve a trip to the Apple Store.

You can choose to sync what you would like to the cloud so if you want to keep contacts and mail for example seperate you can choose not to sync them.

Just sync Reminders and maybe notes and calenders :)

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

For .99 the wife and i use Zenbe lists. It's pretty easy to set up. One of you authors the list and invites the other to view it. Sync on start up and you can manually sync each time you complete a task. When they open it, everything is up to date. Nothing fancy, simple UI - just gets the job done. And, it's a universal app so you can use on iPad as well.

http://www.zenbe.com/lists

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Not sure why MacRumors decides to promote some apps and not others... Guess they have their own "staff picks".

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Not sure why MacRumors decides to promote some apps and not others... Guess they have their own "staff picks".

I was wondering the same thing - with the multitude of "to do" apps out there, why did this one get special billing? Just curious really.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

Apple's built in reminders app should do that if you use the same mobileme account to sync? I think it does anyways, I haven't tried it. Seems like it would be perfect.

You can choose to sync what you would like to the cloud so if you want to keep contacts and mail for example seperate you can choose not to sync them.

Just sync Reminders and maybe notes and calenders :)

You can share reminder lists on iCloud the same way that you do calendars. There is no need to use the same iCloud account.

http://www.macworld.com/article/163482/2011/11/share_reminders_with_icloud_add_them_with_siri.html

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
What a useless app! The UI is just awful. iOS 5's Reminders is a million times better! I'm going to contact the develop and demand my money back!

Good luck with that. Dev's don't have access to giving you a refund. If you want it, you must contact Apple and even then they wouldn't give you a refund for this reason. I have received a refund before, but that was because the iTunes on my computer had downloaded 2 different apps with a single click (some glitch).

dukecanes

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I would absolutely use Orchestra (in your case and really anybody's since everyone has to work with other people at some point.)

It was the App of the Week a couple months ago and it's definitely one of my most used apps. Really nice UI and everything syncs automatically. No refresh buttons or pull to refresh or anything. Whenever I assign a task to a friend or to a list my roommates and I share it just shows up on everyone's phone and browser (they have a website also.) Really helped me be much more productive and a better communicator. It's free also, if that's any motivation to try it.

The website is http://orchestra.com I believe.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005

The buzz surrounding this app on Twitter has been relatively massive since the video came out a few weeks ago. Case in point: the app was in the top 25 overall within an hour of going on sale.

Ca$hflow

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
London, ON
This app to me is nothing but flashy. If you want a real task manager I recommend OmniFocus. Way more intuitive from the GTD philosophy. I use OmniFocus as my main task/project manager and Zenbe list as a general list program used for things like a renovation material list, grocery list etc.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
This app to me is nothing but flashy. If you want a real task manager I recommend OmniFocus. Way more intuitive from the GTD philosophy. I use OmniFocus as my main task/project manager and Zenbe list as a general list program used for things like a renovation material list, grocery list etc.

This app has a totally different purpose than something like OmniFocus.

I've tried or looked at a lot of different task/GTD apps on iOS and Mac. Some are very dense and powerful, some are simple and elegant, some are neither powerful or elegant. In any case, I often find myself still jotting a quick list on a Post-It Note of stuff for the day, or even using the Notes app, because I don't want to go through a manual entry process for each item, assign it a due date, priority, location, whatever. Just a simple short list to focus on for the day.

I think Clear can basically be that app. No interface to get in the way, in fact it's easier than writing up a regular text list, and it's easier to sort items, etc. Yes if I better 'managed' my to do app then I wouldn't run into this problem, but sometimes life doesn't coordinate with your carefully set up list of tasks and priorities.

For 99c such an app can be worth it, if that's what you're looking for. If it was $4.99 then it would obviously be a different story. But this app is not meant to compete with the full-featured apps out there.

----------

I was wondering the same thing - with the multitude of "to do" apps out there, why did this one get special billing? Just curious really.

Because from looking at the video, there's an absolute minimum of interface (for example number of taps to create or re-order items, etc.)

They might try to add some other stuff that people want (reminders), but then I think it would just become another to do app.

Fklane

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2009
.99 Cents

Are you kidding???? Complaining about .99 Cents for an app that several videos have made their way online showing what the app is all about. If you saw the video and didn't like the UI, or lack of options then why did you buy it? Maybe you need this great app without the complexities to remind you to look at available info on apps that are in the app store before purchasing.

tfigs121

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2010
Questions

This app looks intriguing. I have 2 questions maybe someone can answer.

1.Does this app show a badge with how many to do's you have listed? That is one of the nice things I like about Due. The badge helps remind me that I have items listed.

2. Does it store what you type. For example, I use ShopShop as my shopping list app and it stores all my items in a database that I have listed. So if I wanted to add "milk" to my list, I type "mi" and then "milk" shows up as an option and I just click on it to add it to my list.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.