Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fraserdon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2012
Just got back on-line after a terrible error of mine and lost it all. Now that I am back, there are issues with iTunes that are hard to understand. When dealing with Apple., I'm amazed at what they put you through with their own product. You might expect they would know of it or dealt with it before.

Just to recap. I am first on OS 10.4.11 Tiger and iTunes 4.7.1 is as far as I can go according to my knowledge. The special advice from Apple to "Go To Folder" and first " System/ Libraries/ Extension" to "Apple MobileDevice.kext" and then to / Library/ Receipts/ to get " " AppleMobileDeviceSupport.pkg" did not work because those two items were not there. A new download of iTunes 4.7.1 does nothing to fix the problem.

I keep getting "unable to connect to store " and that my iPod (16MB, 5th Generation ) cannot be read. I am on-line at the time and my Apple ID is confirmed as correct. The iPod will not appear on my desktop but for a second or two and not seen as a device on iTunes side bar.

Just in case, I'm trying everything to solve this

Don Ward

fraserdon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2012
Thanks soy...right on !

Thanks soy...you did it.

My problems with iTunes are solved............ First let me say that i am surprised and a bit ticked off at Apple Support who did not grab this and directed giving only basic responses. Then, my system said I was updated sitting with iTunes 4.7.1 as was appropriate for Tiger (10.4.11) I had forgotten what I had with iTunes before my crash ( old age). Apple sent me all over the place with many solutions, finally telling me that it was my computer..(.no kidding !)

Then with info from you, I found iTunes 9.2.1 was also appropriate for Tiger. It looked familiar to me anyway....I did not know this and apparently Apple did not either. (Wait until the last Apple response comes through.)

So, in case this happens to anyone else, remember the frog who finds himself half way down the swallowing throat of the large Crane and firmly grasping the portion of the Crane's throat below his head, outside with his feet, and who says " NEVER GIVE UP ! "

Don Ward

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.