Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
The price difference is minimal and I can't seem to find any differences although the title for the first says (OLDEST VERSION) & the second (NEWEST VERSION). Should I just get the newest version? Let me know your thoughts. I'd appreciate it. :D

Yep, I don't see any reason to get the old version given the price.

uncredentialed

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
The price difference is minimal and I can't seem to find any differences although the title for the first says (OLDEST VERSION) & the second (NEWEST VERSION). Should I just get the newest version? Let me know your thoughts. I'd appreciate it. :D
I know this was posted a week ago and the Amazon warehouse is currently out of both. But the difference between the two MBPs was that the old version had 1gb of video ram vs. 512 MB in the new one.

I almost pulled the trigger on the old one.

Paix247

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B5141a Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine came with a warranty starting the day I purchased it! Apple had the records correct and I didn't have to submit a receipt or anything. Very happy with Amazon's "used" warehouse deals!

Spink10

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B5141a Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine came with a warranty starting the day I purchased it! Apple had the records correct and I didn't have to submit a receipt or anything. Very happy with Amazon's "used" warehouse deals!

Which one did you get?

----------

Depending on the condition, it can come in the original box or can be repackaged. If Amazon states the condition is "Like New," it should come in its original box.

Some "Like New" come repackaged - It will say in the details if it does.

----------

Most likely the one you got was not a returned item. If the box is damaged they also kick them into Warehouse Deals.

Paix247

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis
21.5" base model (newest). I'm not sure how the packaging looked, as I had it shipped direct to OWC for SSD and HDD installs.

Acrobat5

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2012
To those of you that have bought a mac through Warehouse Deals, how did you change the purchase date with Apple so the warranty was renewed?

Spink10

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
To those of you that have bought a mac through Warehouse Deals, how did you change the purchase date with Apple so the warranty was renewed?

Called AppleCare - I was successful with my first purchase and my friend was also. However, just got another MBP and they said no - not worried emailed the high level rep that I spoke with the first time - He will fix my purchase date.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS

Just emailed them a copy of my invoice from Amazon.. In about 2 days, warranty was reset and got an email notification from Apple confirming so.

Done.

billnye97

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
Bringing up a slightly dead thread but I just got a 2011 Mac Mini for $511. $90 off the Apple price and I also got a Magic Trackpad and Keyboard for $50 each. Time to set up the Mini for a HTPC. I will definitely try to get the warranty moved when I get it tomorrow.

billnye97

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
I didn't even have to bother getting the warranty moved. When I got the mini it was a brand new machine. Unbelievable!!! Definitely worth looking at Amazon Warehouse deals if you are shopping for a Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.