Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toxthexnines

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
405/918
I've acquired an actual Apple logo retail store sign.
Wondering how i should go about mounting this?

2pzzq4z.jpg

23rr6he.jpg

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I would get a kit like this from a hardware or Walmart type store.

a6cd084b-868e-930c.jpg

Use the eye bolts to attach the wire to the back of the logo, then use the wall hangers.

It might take some work to get the leaf lined up if it's a separate piece like it appears.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Are there holes on the back that might allow flush mounting with screws in the wall?

There's always duct tape. ;)

toxthexnines

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
405/918
TWO2SEVEN I'd thought about mounting via that method. & yes the "stem" part is separate from the main part.

eawmp1 Its completely flat on the back, no holes.

cbrad82 Haha, i'll probably hang on to this piece.

It's exactly like this one, want to mount it the same way too.

n64xfb.jpg

Its a fairly decent size & weight. Not heavy, but enough for me to not use something like this for the main apple body.
op8dnr.jpg

Since it'll be on the wall behind my computer desk, i don't want it falling down.

Last edited:

noah76

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
Pomona , NY
I see you have one of the signs I might of made. Very cool :D . If I remember right it should be made of 1/4" aluminum. Also some of the signs were drilled and tapped.

toxthexnines

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
405/918
Got it figured out, found a frame hanging kit at Lowe's for the apple. Mounted the stem with 5lb mounting squares.

ngrez5.jpg

noah76

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
Pomona , NY
well I put the metal on a water jet .Cut the shape out. Sandblasted the sides. Stain the front. Then I Sparyed laquer. Then shipped off to Apple to hang in the stores.

toxthexnines

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
405/918
Yes, I am curious how you actually acquired the :apple: sign too.

Got it from my brother & his friend who got it from the on campus Apple Store. They were remodeling it & my brothers friend convinced them (construction workers) to give the sign to her. He asked if i wanted it, got it for a great price so i couldn't resist.

Last edited:

kopite19

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2010
Might just be me...it doesn't look straight. May just be the angle of the iMac in relation to the sign though.

Nice work anyway.

PhotoPhoenix

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
New York City
So dumb. Apple pays people nothing to boast their logos yet they put them all over their cars and walls as if worshipping them. I love Apple but putting their logos everywhere is kinda.. too much. Don't ya think?

weyhan

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
I'm sorry to say this but it makes your iMac looks small... Time to get a bigger iMac. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.