Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Think I've finally decided on what I'm getting:

Vita - Wifi
8GB Memory card

And then PSN vouchers for FIFA and either Stardust or Uncharted. Moderate compared to some people but all I can afford at the moment! :p

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Just bought a couple more games for my Vita prior to launch.

So my Vita bundle now consists of

PS Vita 3G
16GB memory card

Wipeout 2048
Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Lumines
Fifa Soccer
Army Corps of Hell
Lego Harry Potter Yr's 5-7
Modnation Racers
Ridge Racer
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel V Capcom

Escape Plan
Super Stardust
Motorstorm RC

Also pre-ordered Gravity Daze but no release till March/April :-(

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
After cancelling my first preorder I've just put another one on today.

One of the Vita devs I follow on Twitter publicly said that all PSP downloads will work on the Vita. I'm only planning on picking up 4 Vita games at launch so to be able to play my old games is a huge plus for me.
And also:
http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/02/14/all-psp-titles-are-available-on-vita-at-launch/

So I've ordered:

Vita Wifi with 8gb card
Rayman Origins
and I'll download Super Stardust, Motorstorm and Wipeout. Eagerly awaiting Disgaea 3!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
^ yep that's confirmed by tests in regards to psp. T seems there was confusion in the fact PSN store on vita has say 200 psp titles, but not some of the most notable ones. So guys over at ign I think, connected PS Vita to their PS3 where they downloaded a game not available on the vita store, but is available on PSN store on PS3, and it transferred the game to the vita and played without issue.

Lol just watched your link it was the ign clip I'm referring to. :)

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
^I saw videos of people playing games not listed and I saw several posters on different gaming blogs try to correct the authors of the story but it was never looked into....wonder why:rolleyes:

Okay heres where I'm at:

Vita Wifi Model
8 Gig Card
Lumines ES
WipeOut 2048
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Vita
Rayman Origins (glad I missed the console version)
Uncharted (still on the fence since it doesnt have multiplayer)

Gravity Rush & Sound Shapes can't come soon enough.

Bless

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Here is my build-out, its set for delivery tomorrow. I have most the games and the memory card already.

Vita 3G/Wifi Model (First Edition Bundle)
Little Deviants (came with bundle)
Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Tales of Innocence R (Cleared customs today, I'll have it tomorrow).

32GB Memory card (I'll likely give away the 4GB card that comes with my bundle since I have no use for it)

I have LBP, Disgaea, and a few other JPN games pre-ordered.

Last edited:

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Here is my build-out, its set for delivery tomorrow. I have most the games and the memory card already.

Vita 3G/Wifi Model (First Edition Bundle)
Little Deviants (came with bundle)
Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Tales of Innocence R (Cleared customs today, I'll have it tomorrow).

32GB Memory card (I'll likely give away the 4GB card that comes with my bundle since I have no use for it)

I have LBP, Disgaea, and a few other JPN games pre-ordered.
My FEB should be at my house sometime today. Uncharted is still sitting in it's box on my desk. Want Gravity Rush, not sure if I will hold out or just import Gravity Daze... Sooo about that extra 4GB card... :D

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I have a regular edition pre-ordered but I have a FEB on hold about 30 minutes away. So between now and the end of the work day I need to decide whether or not to spend the extra $50. I get a free 4GB card with the regular edition, so really I'm paying $50 for Little Deviants and the case, plus a week early. I dunno what to do. I'm itching to get it but ... arghhh

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
^ All my writer buddies were down on Little Deviants. It was on my to-get list but I'll wait till it's either dirt cheap or not at all now.

Played a bit of Wipeout and Stardust Delta today on a demo Vita.

Not so keen on Wipeout. It's a bit slippy for me.
Stardust was excellent though, definite buy! I kind of like the zoomed out view and the blackholes are a great addition.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Just bought a couple more games for my Vita prior to launch.

So my Vita bundle now consists of

PS Vita 3G
16GB memory card

Wipeout 2048
Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Lumines
Fifa Soccer
Army Corps of Hell
Lego Harry Potter Yr's 5-7
Modnation Racers
Ridge Racer
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel V Capcom

Escape Plan
Super Stardust
Motorstorm RC

Also pre-ordered Gravity Daze but no release till March/April :-(

I've lost count of the number times I've made changes, cancelled items, bundle preorders, made new bundle preorders, preordered new games. As it stands now it's as follows.

Retail:

PS Vita 3G
8GB Memory Card
32GB Memory Card

Marvel Vs. Capcom
Virtua Tennis
Little Deviants
Uncharted
Modnation Racers
Hot Shots Golf
Rayman
Lumines

PSN:
Escape Plan
Motorstorm
Gravity Rush ( if available at launch )

I might get FIFA later on although I'm not really a big football fan.

Official Sony Leather Vita case already recieved and waiting for my Vita.

Just to add. Five of my games and my 32GB memory card which I imported from Canada were sent by DHL and are out for delivery today. Hopefully there will be someone at home or they will leave the package with a neighbour. Not that they will do me any good as I won't get my Vita until next week Wednesday at the earliest.

This is going to be an expensive month so much so I've refrained from spending money on any games for any of my existing consoles. I've even booked two weeks off from work starting on Monday but I'm staying home as I don't really fancy spending more money this month. I guess I can spend time with my Vita. LOL. I think I've got enough games to keep me busy.

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Ugh, the EU situation is somewhat of a mess.

Pricing on the Vita itself is excellent - £209 for the Vita, 8GB card and Lumines for £15. So far so happy. I also managed to get Uncharted whilst Amazon had it listed for £25.

However, all the cases are terrible, and we're stuck with 16GB cards as the biggest - so I just splashed out £150 with PlayAsia for a 32GB US card, the official black leather case and the desk dock. None of these items are available in the EU, and probably never will be. It's ridiculous that Sony persist in mis-treating their biggest market.

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
Preordered the Vita FEB on a whim, along with Uncharted and Rayman, because my gamer friends kept talking about it. Came yesterday. Updated the system, connected it to my PS account, and installed the PSP version of NBA 2K12 on it. Played Rayman for about 15 minutes and installed the 2 other games, then had to go help out the gf.

Anyway I think this is one impressive piece of hardware. Feels good in the hands, a ton of juice, love the UI and touch implementation, screen is awesome. I think this is as close to a portable console experience we're gonna get for the next half a decade or so. I also like that I get a different type of AAA experience on this compared to playing the 3DS, I can picture playing both depending on how I feel.

Now we just need to wait for the library the build up. Once they put out a Vita NBA game and some type of open world game, I'm good.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Ugh, the EU situation is somewhat of a mess.

Pricing on the Vita itself is excellent - £209 for the Vita, 8GB card and Lumines for £15. So far so happy. I also managed to get Uncharted whilst Amazon had it listed for £25.

However, all the cases are terrible, and we're stuck with 16GB cards as the biggest - so I just splashed out £150 with PlayAsia for a 32GB US card, the official black leather case and the desk dock. None of these items are available in the EU, and probably never will be. It's ridiculous that Sony persist in mis-treating their biggest market.

You could have got the memory card and dock cheaper at http://www.videogamesplus.ca. The 32GB card is £68 and the dock is around £17 both including shipping.

Last edited:

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I got the pre-launch bundle from Gamestop (3G/WiFi model, Little Deviants, 4GB card, leather case), as well as BlazBlue, Rayman and Uncharted.

One thing I thought was neat, if you set up 3G service you get a free game at the end of the first month. My only real "complaint", not all PSP games available on the PSN are available for the Vita.

I can't wait for Gravity Rush, I had far too much fun playing the demo.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I got the pre-launch bundle from Gamestop (3G/WiFi model, Little Deviants, 4GB card, leather case), as well as BlazBlue, Rayman and Uncharted.

One thing I thought was neat, if you set up 3G service you get a free game at the end of the first month. My only real "complaint", not all PSP games available on the PSN are available for the Vita.

I can't wait for Gravity Rush, I had far too much fun playing the demo.

You also get a free month of 3G service (up to 250mb)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/61963726

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Dungeon Alliance is an ok game, but very very overpriced. On PSN (or should that be SEN now) its €8.99 for PS3. The exact same game as on the Vita and yet they want me to pay €39.99 for it on a vita cart? It's silly. It should have been a $20/€20 game tops.

Was wondering - like these type of Dungeon games - should really be only $20.

Yes, someone's gotta pay for Sony's new Media Format... :eek:

Long live Beta... ;)

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
It's going to be an expensive month. Thinking about adding UMvC3, Ridge Racer and a 16GB card to my order...though I'm wondering if I should wait a couple of months and pick up a 32GB card while I'm abroad...

Last edited:

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Fun system, though I hate in UI. The whole "playarea" thing is annoying. For games I can see since it allows you to check for updates, look at the manual, etc. But for Trophies? Settings? It just means I need to double tap and watch two animations. Bah. Give me XMB. And why can't I use the stick/pad to scroll menus?

HGS is a blast and Lumines is purdy as ever. Somewhat weird that the games I played most on PSP are the two games I will probably be playing most on the vita..

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
England
I'm getting pretty excited now. Uncharted is amongst my favourite franchises, just so happy that Golden Abyss is a launch title. Getting Shinobido 2 off the store and going to pick up Fifa as well, oh and Unit 13 but thats out in March.

But yeah, my anticipation is building now though, I feel like I did 8 years ago waiting for the PSP. Just want to get my hands on it now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.