Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Douglas123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
Hi,
I don't know if it is just or everyone that can't get Airplay to work. I done have everything that was required. Starting with updating the Apple TV to iOS 5.1 beta 2, getting the mountain lion developer preview and installing it in my macbook pro. I have both the Apple TV and Macbook pro on the same wireless network. I have also registered the UDID in the Xcode provisioning profiles. So what is going on? I don't see the Airplay option in Display preferences. Any help to get this working is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for any reply.

Macbook Pro Specs
Intel core i7 Second Gen Sandy bridge 2.6 GHZ
8 GB DDR3
OS X 10.8

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Hi,
I don't know if it is just or everyone that can't get Airplay to work. I done have everything that was required. Starting with updating the Apple TV to iOS 5.1 beta 2, getting the mountain lion developer preview and installing it in my macbook pro. I have both the Apple TV and Macbook pro on the same wireless network. I have also registered the UDID in the Xcode provisioning profiles. So what is going on? I don't see the Airplay option in Display preferences. Any help to get this working is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for any reply.

Macbook Pro Specs
Intel core i7 Second Gen Sandy bridge 2.6 GHZ
8 GB DDR3
OS X 10.8

Are you talking about Airplay as in streaming to your HDTV or mirroring ?

There is a difference.

Streaming to the Apple TV works but mirroring your computer doesn't unless it's a 13" MBP 2011. and that "might" work.

Douglas123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
Are you talking about Airplay as in streaming to your HDTV or mirroring ?

There is a difference.

Streaming to the Apple TV works but mirroring your computer doesn't unless it's a 13" MBP 2011. and that "might" work.

Thanks for the prompt response, i meant to say Airplay mirroring. It looks like my computer is not supported as i red some of the comments in the link.

----------

I found that my computer is not supported, hopefully they add support to all the macbooks. Thanks for the reply.

nick7138

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2010
Yeah I'd like to see the list of supported Macs increase. We'll see in the next few months how things improve.

As I have pointed out on multiple other posts, Apple has stated that it is not fully implemented. If you want to be up-to-date on this type of stuff, I'd recommend reading the official Developer Forums due to the fact that it's easy to see what other developers are experiencing and from time to time some interesting things are posted there.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
Updates.....

I was able to install the latest applets beta 2 and install ML on a separate partition on my Air. Unfortunately the AirPlay is not supported on 2010 MacBook Airs at the moment :mad:................. Will remove the beta and report back if any future updates remedies this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.