Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Kreynor
macrumors newbie

Problem with Bootcamp partition

Hello everyone.

I have been using Windows 7 on my iMac with Bootcamp for quite some time now.
Today I created a second partition on my hard disk but seems like this messed up Bootcamp.
I tried to boot from Windows but couldn't. So I deleted this new partition and resized the hard disk like nothing happened.
Tried to boot again from Windows but got the same problem. While I was resizing the hard disk I read something in Disk Utility that basically meant "if you modify the partition, bootcamp may not work".

So.. how can I fix it? Because right now the only solution I know of is to erase Bootcamp and start again from scratch.

Thanks.
Kreynor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Bill Gates
macrumors 68020

It sounds like your MBR and GPT partition tables are quite probably out of sync. You could trying installing rEFIt and running gptsync to synchronize the two. If that doesn't work you may very well have to start from scratch with Boot Camp.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 04:27 AM   #3
Kreynor
macrumors newbie

Thanks, that solved it.
I installed it but didn't work, so I burned it into a CD and booted from it. Worked perfectly.

Thanks again!
Kreynor is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac