Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Hi
I'm trying to make a button load a local HTML file in a webView on my OSX App. My current code is:

Code:
- (IBAction)returnHome {
    [webView setUIDelegate:self]; 
    NSURL *url = [[NSBundle mainBundle] URLForResource:@"index" withExtension:@"html"];
    NSString *html = [NSString stringWithContentsOfURL:url encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding error:nil];
    NSURL *baseUrl = [NSURL fileURLWithPath:[[NSBundle mainBundle] bundlePath]];
    [[webView mainFrame] loadHTMLString:html baseURL:baseUrl];
}

And this does not load the file "index.html". I've being trauling the forums, but can't see anything similar, though I know it must be quite simple. Does anybody have any ideas as to what's wrong with that code?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - I wasn't sure where to put it.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
Hi
I'm trying to make a button load a local HTML file in a webView on my OSX App. My current code is:

Code:
- (IBAction)returnHome {
    [webView setUIDelegate:self]; 
    NSURL *url = [[NSBundle mainBundle] URLForResource:@"index" withExtension:@"html"];
    NSString *html = [NSString stringWithContentsOfURL:url encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding error:nil];
    NSURL *baseUrl = [NSURL fileURLWithPath:[[NSBundle mainBundle] bundlePath]];
    [[webView mainFrame] loadHTMLString:html baseURL:baseUrl];
}

And this does not load the file "index.html". I've being trauling the forums, but can't see anything similar, though I know it must be quite simple. Does anybody have any ideas as to what's wrong with that code?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - I wasn't sure where to put it.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Google
[WebView loadRequest:[NSURLRequest requestWithURL:[NSURL fileURLWithPath:[[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:mad:"index" ofType:mad:"html"] isDirectory:NO]]];

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Oh shoot...

Ah ok - that's for iOS. Does anybody know how I would change that for OSX? The documentation for webView methods on Apple looks pretty similar for both iOS and Mac OSX.

Sam

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Ah ok - that's for iOS.
Are you sure?

The iOS class is UIWebView. That's not the same as WebView.

Does anybody know how I would change that for OSX?
Read the WebView class reference. More specifically, read the section on the loadRequest: method.

If you can't figure it out from the class reference doc, please explain exactly which part you're having trouble with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.