Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 9, 2011, 04:24 PM   #26
Findingkimo
macrumors newbie

Easy Fix To Major Problem!

This problem has affected a lot of Apple users and it seems as though Apple is making no conscious effort to fix the problem.
In the mean time a very easy solution to the problem to use an ITunes gift cards. This will basically make the credit card an unnecessary step in purchasing anything from the app/itunes store. At the cost of $15 dollars this is a pretty sensible solution to the problem.
Findingkimo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:52 PM   #27
muldoons
macrumors newbie

So I do I set my payment method to "None" as mentioned above?

I'm not seeing this option in the account information section of itunes...
muldoons is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:55 AM   #28
Captain America
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain America
I know I'm reviving an old thread here, but I can't seem to find a solution. I'm suffering from the same problem. I do owe them $8 something with one card but it won't let me change it to another card to pay it off....I've tried 3 different ones and it's just not doing it.

Also, "none" isn't an option for me.
Captain America is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:55 AM   #29
gabetknox
macrumors newbie

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!!! I can't figure it out. There is NOT an option to set your credit card as "None." I have one debit card and two credit cards that work just fine everywhere else in the world, but in the App Store or iTunes, they tell me my Security Code is invalid....but it is NOT invalid, it is in fact, perfectly VALID. I can't seem to get around this problem.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A REAL SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM YET???
gabetknox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:57 PM   #30
LadiiBug
macrumors newbie

mac and iphone set up not working

i have been trying for hours and hours to reset my account for my app store on both my mac and iphone. I already used about 4 cards, all the information was correct i checked multiple times, i even tried to mark the card type as none BUT i dont have the choice to pick none....its really frustrating HELP!
LadiiBug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:50 PM   #31
mattinz
macrumors newbie

I found something that worked for me

I was struggling with the same issue.

What I did to fix it was select 'no payment type' then completed the account.

I then purchased a song in itunes and it prompted me to enter my credit details.

I did this and then it all worked.

Hopefully that helps.
mattinz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:54 PM   #32
ackley006
macrumors newbie

info

I just went thru this with my account - extremely frustrating. No help from apple. I had to retype in all my info.
Ft. Myers had to be changed to Fort Myers
Circle had to be changed to Cir
My middle initial is on my bank account - reg form has no spot for it. Put it after my first name, capitalized, with no space.
3 hours later, it finally worked.
Thanks Apple, for wasting my Saturday afternoon.
Your support sucks
ackley006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store