||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|Feb 20, 2012, 08:21 PM||#1|
Xbox 360 Controller Working on OS Lion 10.7.3
I used a wired Afterglow AX1 on Lion 10.7.3 - added a video on youtube here.
1. If you have installed any version of TattiBogle and didn't work download UnTattie.
2. Open Terminal and type: sudo sh and press enter, then insert your password - it will be invisible - and press enter.
3. Type again: sudo sh and be sure there is a space after sh.
4. Drag and drop UnTattie file in Terminal and press enter.
5. Download TattieBogle 0.08 and install it. It probably will say that it failed the installation but it will be installed.
6. Download this Controller List Installer.
7. Download this Controller List.
8. Go in About This Mac on the menu, click more info and then system report. Connect your controller if you haven't done that yet and check under hardware, and the USB. For me under USB High-speed bus, then Hub I had Afterglow gamepad. If you use an original controller you might see it as vendor specific device. Click on it and in the box below you will see a Product and Vendor ID. Write those down.
9. Open the Controller List file with a text editor and you look for <key>Controller</key> or look for other key tag that contains your device name, is irrelevant, but I edited under <key>PDPAfterglow</key> just because I have the Afterglow controller.
10. You will see this few line below it:
11. Insert in between those <integer></integer> tags those number you wrote down earlier instead of those that are in the file. You might want to check the second 'Thanks to' link at the bottom if this is getting confusing.
12. Once you have done save the changes and drag and drop the file over the automator controller list installer.
13. Go in system preferences and go mess with your XBOX Controller while you'll joy with glee!
You might want to check the links at the bottom to understand better some of the steps, however the guys do two things that I combined and made my controller working after 4 tedious hours and numerous dead-end research on the internet.
The second video also has some steps for the Wireless controller.
Let me know your result!!
MacBook Air & iPhone4S
The Next Generation of MacBooks is Here!
Last edited by Fraaaa; Feb 21, 2012 at 05:10 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|OS-neutral: Help with xbox 360 controller||ventuss||Mac and PC Games||0||Jan 15, 2014 08:56 AM|
|OS X: XBOX 360 Controller w/ Mountain Lion HELP||Darmour91||Mac and PC Games||4||Nov 6, 2012 04:57 AM|
|Xbox 360 controller on mountain lion 10.8.2||eDurkin||Mac and PC Games||0||Sep 29, 2012 12:06 PM|
|Xbox 360 controller !BE CAREFUL!||floxy31||MacBook Pro||6||Sep 16, 2012 12:23 PM|
|Using a Batarang Xbox 360 Controller||jagwa77||Mac and PC Games||1||Jul 21, 2012 04:14 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.