Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:45 PM   #1
theDionysianOne
macrumors newbie

Apps that are for use with iMac & iPhone in concert...

Ok, so I'm not sure if the title made it clear as to what I'm looking for, but here goes:

I'm looking for tips on Apps that specifically are for use with both an iPhone and an iMac, at the same time. Doesn't matter what the app does, I'm just looking to maximize my Mac experience. I've had an iPhone for a while (thanks to my job), and I just recently bought a 2006 iMac 5,2 w/ Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8

For example, it could be an app that perhaps has something to do with schedules. Or perhaps an app that turns the iPhone into a mouse for the iMac. Anything. I don't care. I'm just curious as to what's out there. For some reason, simply Googling it comes up with searches involving putting iPhone apps onto an iMac. That is NOT what I'm talking about, just to be clear.

Thanks all!
theDionysianOne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:30 PM   #2
thewitt
macrumors 68000

It would help if you had a goal in mind...

Evernote automatically syncs notes taken on all devices simultaneously.

1password syncs between iPhone and Mac.

With iCloud, iCal and Address Book sync with Reminders and Contacts automatically.
thewitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:31 PM   #3
robgendreau
macrumors 68000

And Dropbox; very nice way to share files. Lots of apps/applications make use of it.

And go through your apps/applications; you'll see that many have complements on the other platform.

Try a screen sharing app. I really like Remoter VNC; it's cheaper than some of the others and has remote login. Air Video to share video. Airfoil, which allows you to use many Mac applications to pump sound to your iPhone. Printopia, which allows printing to any printer networked or attached to your Mac, as well as to easily send stuff to the iPhone.

Rob
robgendreau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Hawkeye16
macrumors regular

Remote lets you use your iPhone as a remote for iTunes on your computer...
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:28 PM   #5
william1949
macrumors member

Numpad turns you iPhone into wireless numeric keypad for your computer.
LogMein or Connect my Mac (other ones as well), log into your computer from your iPhone.
william1949 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:06 PM   #6
jackrv
macrumors 6502

RowMote (free and paid) will allow you to use your iPhone as a remote for some apps, and also as a keyboard/trackpad.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:29 PM   #7
ObuckiO
macrumors regular

If you care for security camera's, I use Dlink home surveillance cameras, which i can view from my iphone/MacBook while i'm away.
Which i guess you could use as a nanny cam also. (i check to see if my dog is tearing up the house sometimes..lol)
ObuckiO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:36 PM   #8
wrinkster22
macrumors 68030

airmouse- iphone is a mouse for your mac
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:09 PM   #9
moore2772
macrumors newbie

Don't forget OmniFocus

The powerhouse organizational software OmniFocus syncs up with Macs, iPhones and iPads perfectly.
moore2772 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store