macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickDead View Post
yummy
700-Grizz is offline   1
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:56 PM   #27
Yumunum
macrumors 65816

Maybe you should have waited for the GSIII.... I know with Android new phones are coming out all the time, but Samsung's Galaxy line kinda dominates. Look at the GSII. A year old and arguably one of the best if not the best Android phone(s) out there. The jump from the GS to the GSII was huge. The GSIII might be a huge jump too
Yumunum is offline   5
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:13 AM   #28
akuma13
macrumors 6502

Decided to take the plunge in the Nexus last December. Nice enough looking screen and beautiful OS but the phone is too big in my opinion . Trying to access the notification bar at the top was a pain. I couldn't slide my thumb up without sliding the phone down a little. ICS unfortunately still felt sluggish when accessing apps (i never rooted the phone). I actually liked the build of the phone and loved the led notification. I sold it last week and getting a 4S tomorrow. I simply miss the unified polished apps that iOS has.

Jailbreaking the 4S will give me most of the customization I like about Android.
akuma13 is offline   0
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:28 AM   #29
Calidude
Banned

I criticize Apple more harshly than most but how is this thread still not locked? Its just a Galaxy Nexus circlejerk.
Calidude is offline   1
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:31 AM   #30
Vegastouch
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRed View Post
I really think that the iPhone is going to remain dominant with all of these android handsets popping out with better specs every 2 months.

If I buy a phone, it would suck to know a better version of my phone is coming out in 2 months or less.

iPhone gives you at least a year.

SMH.
Actually, whether you have a Android or not, it is still the same thing. Every two months a better version of Android comes out(which is an exageration) that is already right now better than Apples and you then get to kinda catch up in a year.

At least with Android, i can flash an updated ROM to keep up if i want to but in many cases, the phone will get the update anyways. I still have a Vibrant that is running ICS though i had to flash it myself.

Either way with these two year agreements we have to sign, i dont get a new phone everytime one comes and that includes every year even when iPhone gets a new one. I dont pay full price or buy multiple phones. No need for it.

As for the market share..i dont know and dont care who has the biggest market share, i only care what i like to use. As usual, ill say again i like Apples system, it just doesnt do as much as the one i use.

Last edited by Vegastouch; Feb 21, 2012 at 01:41 AM.
Vegastouch is offline   -1
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:41 PM   #31
Apple2000
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegastouch View Post
Actually, whether you have a Android or not, it is still the same thing. Every two months a better version of Android comes out(which is an exageration) that is already right now better than Apples and you then get to kinda catch up in a year.

At least with Android, i can flash an updated ROM to keep up if i want to but in many cases, the phone will get the update anyways. I still have a Vibrant that is running ICS though i had to flash it myself.

Either way with these two year agreements we have to sign, i dont get a new phone everytime one comes and that includes every year even when iPhone gets a new one. I dont pay full price or buy multiple phones. No need for it.

As for the market share..i dont know and dont care who has the biggest market share, i only care what i like to use. As usual, ill say again i like Apples system, it just doesnt do as much as the one i use.
yay for android
Apple2000 is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:56 PM   #32
DroidRules
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincibilizer View Post
Only thing that iOS has is its app store but now with apps being developed for iTunes app store and Android Market, iOS will lose the very advantage that made it good. Too simple and lack of innovation in iOS5 has caused myself and others to look to Ice Cream Sandwich and dare I say it.. JELLY BEAN!
Yeah.... the numbers speak a different toon. The average consumer doesn't care about the app market, the ability to customize or how "complex" an OS is.... they want to pick up the phone, push some buttons and make it work. They want to easily plug their phone into their computer and have something pop up (iTunes) that let's them put songs/music/apps/pics on and take them off. They want to be able to easily find that thing called Angry Birds every one is talking about and by pushig a button on the phone (yes I know they're not buttons but my mom calls it a button so I'm sure millions of other moms do to) they can easily find it, download it and play it. THAT'S the draw to iPhone and iOS for millions of users. Plus as much as I hate to admit it (not a big fan of the company) the Apple name does carry some weight with consumers. I'm not saing the iPhone is better than any other phone, that's a personal choice, but like it or not the numbers don't lie.
DroidRules is offline   2
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:02 PM   #33
gngan
macrumors 68000

Good for you but why are you in MR? Go somewhere else. This is iPhone forum, NOT Android.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:42 PM   #34
noisycats
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
Who really cares about having the latest and greatest only except self-concious people that care too much about what other people think of them? Atleast with android handsets, you know you are getting new tech when with apple some people ended up getting 15 month old tech when they bought the iPhone 4 in September 2011.
Please re-read your two sentences a few times.
noisycats is offline   2
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:18 AM   #35
stevemiller
macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

@noisycats *claps* /thread.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:27 AM   #36
xdbuix
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Who really cares about having the latest and greatest only except self-concious people that care too much about what other people think of them? Atleast with android handsets, you know you are getting new tech when with apple some people ended up getting 15 month old tech when they bought the iPhone 4 in September 2011.
The latest and greatest specs-wise doesn't necessarily mean its going to be a good phone. You can have a single core phone which can have an awesome user experience just like the iphone 4 or the awesome looking nokia lumia 900.

Android is awesome, i'll give you that, but one of the problems with android is the fragmentation. There are so many manufacturers and so many phones from android that android phones typically lose support alot faster than the iPhone. That's my gipe with android.
xdbuix is offline   0
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:08 AM   #37
gundam789
macrumors newbie

I have a Samsung galaxy s2 and.....

1) the battery life is terrible if it's not in power saving mode
2) the touch screen is not on par with the iphone ( it's actually terrible with some applications)
3) The Android Market is a disorganized mess
4) I play order & chaos online and it's not supported on the galaxy s2 in canada........what a joke!
5) widgets are for luck of better words retarded
6) the resale value of any android phone is garbage
7) It's slow to turn on
gundam789 is offline   -3
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:26 AM   #38
B777Forevar
macrumors 6502a

Cool. Enjoy your new phone
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:35 AM   #39
Buildbright
macrumors 6502a

Enjoy your phone android is a good platform just not for me. Right now developers build apps for the os that makes them the most money which iOS.
Buildbright is offline   0
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:33 AM   #40
VulchR
macrumors 68000

Excellent news OP!

With everybody flocking to Android, does this mean that the rest of us die-hards who prefer the iPhone will be able to enjoy this iPhone forum in peace?

Ore more time for the powers-that-be at MR: Can we please have a dedicated but separate sub-forum for comparing the iPhone to phones from non-Apple manufacturers?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:50 AM   #41
itsmemuffins
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I really think that the iPhone is not going to remain dominant with all of these android handsets popping out with amazing feature sets.

Any other thoughts on Android taking over Apple's iPhone?
Great, now I can get on with my life
itsmemuffins is offline   0
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:54 AM   #42
ggmissmolly
macrumors regular

Enjoy! When it breaks go down and ask the goons at your carrier store for help. I/m happy you're happy.
ggmissmolly is offline   0
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:05 AM   #43
charliecc
macrumors regular

Quote:
I really think that the iPhone is not going to remain dominant with all of these android handsets popping out with amazing feature sets.

Any other thoughts on Android taking over Apple's iPhone?
Me too, and it beats the iPhone hands down.

However, there's no point in boasting about it here, we don't need to show off, we can just be personally smug we have the best device. It's the iSheep that need to try and justify buying a phone that's exactly the same as the last.

Posting on these forums serves no purpose other than to rub people up the wrong way, what are you even doing here? Me, I used to be an iPhoner, and I loved it, so I check back regularly to see if there's going to be a new device out after the disgrace of the 4S.

I'm not loyal to iOS or Android, I'll just go with the best device out there, and at the moment that's Android by a margin.
charliecc is offline   1
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:33 AM   #44
chambone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliecc View Post
Posting on these forums serves no purpose other than to rub people up the wrong way, what are you even doing here?
Well, at least he's not calling people iSheep. But I guess you needed to get that off your chest for some reason.
chambone is offline   -1
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:35 AM   #45
Irish Rose
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Threads like these are more entertaining than Jerry Springer.
Irish Rose is offline   2
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:48 AM   #46
ILikeTurtles
macrumors 6502

I wish more people would switch to Android so us Apple fanboys can get back to have the exclusive iPhone. Enjoy your new Droid dude.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
ILikeTurtles is offline   0
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:48 AM   #47
CrAkD
macrumors 68020

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...Starry-Bra.jpg
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:49 AM   #48
bigjim83
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Trolls gonna troll
bigjim83 is offline   2
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:16 AM   #49
caf9128
macrumors member

I do have to say that only a true Apple fanboy could pick up an iphone after using the Galaxy Nexus and not think the iPhone was seriously outdated. Apple's last effort was pretty disappointing. They did catch up a little bit with reducing the need for tethered syncing, but the form factor seems thick and stubby, and the screen is no longer impressive. And the thing is a slug compared to a 4G LTE phone.

The downside to the Galaxy Nexus is the crappy battery life and the fact that the thing is too big for those with smaller hands. I'm hoping Apple will Goldilocks the next iPhone with a size that's not too small and not too big.
caf9128 is offline   0
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:23 AM   #50
Yujenisis
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Yujenisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by caf9128 View Post
I do have to say that only a true Apple fanboy could pick up an iphone after using the Galaxy Nexus and not think the iPhone was seriously outdated...
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...ngamo1_500.gif

Fascinating...tell us more.
Yujenisis is offline   1

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland