Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tucablanca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.5. and a baseband of 04.10.01, which I jail broke with RedSn0w. I don´t know if the base band upgraded after the jailbreak, as I didn´t remember to check it before doing it

I´d like to jailbreak it and unlock it, being able to update it to iOS5 and other future updates. Have tried myself with Pwnage, and RedSn0w - can´t check if Pwnage works as the jailbreak appears unlocked and I don´t have the original carrier SIM anymore to activate it after, and RedSn0w can perform a jailbreak, but tethered, to iOS 4.3.5, and can´t unlock.

Is it possible to unlock? If so, how can I do it?

Worried about actually this been possible - for what I read this based band is complicated - took it to a shop for extra support but wanted to charge 130 euros for doing it. Does GSym cost that much actually?

Would appreciate any advise Thanks!

mphilip

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2012
Middle East
I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.5. and a baseband of 04.10.01, which I jail broke with RedSn0w. I don´t know if the base band upgraded after the jailbreak, as I didn´t remember to check it before doing it

I´d like to jailbreak it and unlock it, being able to update it to iOS5 and other future updates. Have tried myself with Pwnage, and RedSn0w - can´t check if Pwnage works as the jailbreak appears unlocked and I don´t have the original carrier SIM anymore to activate it after, and RedSn0w can perform a jailbreak, but tethered, to iOS 4.3.5, and can´t unlock.

Is it possible to unlock? If so, how can I do it?

Worried about actually this been possible - for what I read this based band is complicated - took it to a shop for extra support but wanted to charge 130 euros for doing it. Does GSym cost that much actually?

Would appreciate any advise Thanks!

Hi Tucablanca, Yes BB 04.10.01 can be Unlocked and you can Update to iOS 5.0.1 by keeping these things in mind :
  1. Backup your iPhone's SHSH blob's using redsn0w or TinyUmbrella.
  2. Create a Custom 5.0.1 firmware (So that your old Baseband is preserved) which is *Hacktivated using redsn0w or sn0wbreeze and Shift + Restore with iTunes.
  3. Purchase the Genuine Gevey Ultra from Applenberry.
  4. Install the FuriousMod 2.0 from Cydia.
  5. Install SAM from Cydia to make it WildcardActivated (Fixes Push, iMessage and Facetime).
And you should be good to go ... :)

*Hacktivate allows you to bypass the Startup sim Activation and should be manually selected in both the programs while creating the Custom firmware or Jailbreaking the iDevice.

Last edited:

wallywhol

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2012
MAN!!! Still no unlock?!?!

WTF man, its been a year... a year and a half actually since 4.10.01 baseband was released and STILL NO UNLOCK!!! I would pay $100 if I could unlock my iphone4 WITHOUT A GEEVY SIM. I have been unlocking since the first iphone because Tmobile always offered more service for the $$. I'm still using my 3gs now. I've had a brand new iphone4 sitting in its box that I got from a guy who won it at work for over a year now. I immediatly jailbroke it easily but couldn't unlock it, later I learned the baseband in the phone hadn't been unlocked yet. So I tossed it back in the box and thought the fix would be along in a few weeks at most like all previous unlocks. I have never updated the phone, I know better, so it has 4.3.1 and 4.10.01 combo. For me to be looking a year later and still no luck on this old baseband / software combo is unbelievable! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH guess i just had to vent... I'm sick of people going, 'hey man why dont u get an iphone4, cant u get the free upgrade yet?' I was hoping like hell for the AT&T - TMoble merger.. now that that's dead and it doesn't look like anyone can crack this baseband, I guess I'm f'd.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
WTF man, its been a year... a year and a half actually since 4.10.01 baseband was released and STILL NO UNLOCK!!! I would pay $100 if I could unlock my iphone4 WITHOUT A GEEVY SIM. I have been unlocking since the first iphone because Tmobile always offered more service for the $$. I'm still using my 3gs now. I've had a brand new iphone4 sitting in its box that I got from a guy who won it at work for over a year now. I immediatly jailbroke it easily but couldn't unlock it, later I learned the baseband in the phone hadn't been unlocked yet. So I tossed it back in the box and thought the fix would be along in a few weeks at most like all previous unlocks. I have never updated the phone, I know better, so it has 4.3.1 and 4.10.01 combo. For me to be looking a year later and still no luck on this old baseband / software combo is unbelievable! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH guess i just had to vent... I'm sick of people going, 'hey man why dont u get an iphone4, cant u get the free upgrade yet?' I was hoping like hell for the AT&T - TMoble merger.. now that that's dead and it doesn't look like anyone can crack this baseband, I guess I'm f'd.

Why don't you want to use Gevey??

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

HaHa
Feel better now ?

wallywhol

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2012
no

still no word? almost another year has passed. I recently jailbroke & unlocked a 3gs with iOS 5.1.1 in it with redsn0w so I thought go ahead and save my shsh blobs and update to 5.1.1 with the iphone 4. No dice again. I tunes returns 16xx errors trying to update. So still stuck at 4.3.1 & 4.10.01 combo. The reason I dont want to use Geevy is because I was told it exploits the 911 system somehow and I just dont want to be a part of tampering with that. I'm just stunned to be looking again over 2 years after buying this phone and still no solution outside geevy. Does anyone know why?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
still no word? almost another year has passed. I recently jailbroke & unlocked a 3gs with iOS 5.1.1 in it with redsn0w so I thought go ahead and save my shsh blobs and update to 5.1.1 with the iphone 4. No dice again. I tunes returns 16xx errors trying to update. So still stuck at 4.3.1 & 4.10.01 combo. The reason I dont want to use Geevy is because I was told it exploits the 911 system somehow and I just dont want to be a part of tampering with that. I'm just stunned to be looking again over 2 years after buying this phone and still no solution outside geevy. Does anyone know why?

IMEI unlocks from grey market vendors are very available nowadays.
Cost is dependent upon the carrier who sold your iPhone.
If you bother to browse, you will see there are several existing threads here about IMEI unlocks.

Sine Qua Non

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2011

The solution is to spend about $2 and get an IMEI unlock from a grey market vendor. Then you don't need to worry about basebands. There is plenty on this in the threads that are on the first page of this forum.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
The solution is to spend about $2 and get an IMEI unlock from a grey market vendor. Then you don't need to worry about basebands. There is plenty on this in the threads that are on the first page of this forum.

Depending on the carrier the phone is locked to, the cost to unlock could be very much higher than $2.

AT&T phones seem to be the cheapest.

mfilova

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
NY, USA
iPhone 4 baseband 4.10.01 can be upgraded to iOS 6 with preserving your baseband, then you can unlock this baseband using Gevey sim or factory unlock.

Rahanth

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2013
Please help me with iphone 4 having 04.10.01 bandbase

I am having iphone 4 with 04.10.01 bandbase. How to unlock this phone other than factory unlock. And i cannot upgrade the os of this or factory reset the phone, because, I will not be able to use if I do so. So please help me out to unlock this iphone.:apple::apple:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I am having iphone 4 with 04.10.01 bandbase. How to unlock this phone other than factory unlock. And i cannot upgrade the os of this or factory reset the phone, because, I will not be able to use if I do so. So please help me out to unlock this iphone.:apple::apple:

If you read the posts above, the question is already answered.
Option #1 - IMEI unlock which depends on carrier who sold the phone
Option #2 - a Gevey sim interposer will unlock your phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.