Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helios16v

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Earth
I checked for updates and wouldn't you know it, there's an update for 10.8, I tried to update and the top update button doesn't work and when I click the bottom update button, everything appears to be going well, loading bars and everything, even two restarts but then it turns back on and we're right back at this update screen.. Any idea why it won't install? Possible Bug? How does one report to Apple when one is found?

Last edited:

helios16v

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Earth
But it shows the Mountain Lion logo for the update?

ScreenShot2012-02-21at120439AM.png

Last edited:

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
But it shows the Mountain Lion logo for the update?
It also says firmware It's an old update that isn't part of ML but was released for Lion. It's a bug and should not be there and won't get installed. It shows up there because all firmware updates are classified as system updates.

But as it has pointed out - this is not something that actually installs since it's actually for 10.7 and erroneously listed

helios16v

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Earth
OH ok that makes sense! I'll just add this to my metal bug list of things I've found in Mountain Lion. Thanks :D

MonkeyBrainz

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2012
It's also good to know what the firmware is before installing it. Never blindly install firmware as it can cause massive bad joo joo in some cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.