Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orionpkmyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Not sure if it's helpful, but some of us may not have all of their products. I know that there is talk of newer version, but I barely need all the features of the current version as it is.

Adobe Student and Teacher edition products at extra 80% off:

http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/sto...OLS-EDU&view=ols_cat&loc=en_us&catID=SPECIALS

Use coupon code SAVE80EDU

For example: Photoshop CS5 Extended version is $39.80!

Must be able to provide proof of academic status.

Expires March 3, 2012.

Orionpkmyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Master Collection is only $179.80 now!

Here are more pricing:

Acrobat X Pro Student and Teacher Edition $23.80
Photoshop CS5 Extended Student and Teacher Edition $39.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition $59.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student and Teacher Edition $89.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium Student and Teacher Edition $89.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium Student and Teacher Edition $89.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection Student and Teacher Edition $179.80

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
They require you to upload a photo/scan of a school issued ID, which my kids school doesn't issue. I took a picture of a hand-written note saying they don't issue school IDs and uploaded that :) I won't be surprised if they reject it.

Orionpkmyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
They require you to upload a photo/scan of a school issued ID, which my kids school doesn't issue. I took a picture of a hand-written note saying they don't issue school IDs and uploaded that :) I won't be surprised if they reject it.

I got this from their website: Acceptable forms of proof you are a student include:
School ID card, Report card, Transcript, Tuition bill or statement, or any other document issued by the educational institution that includes your name, the institution name, and the current date or term.

Try sending in the report card/transcript. I believe K-12 qualifies too.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Master Collection is only $179.80 now!

Where do you see that? I think $899 is the student price.

Never mind, I just tried entering the code. That's pretty sweet! I don't even need all that, but I'm thinking about buying it.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
This is amazing. Is it available for UK students?

The code doesn't work in the UK Adobe store. If anyone from UK manages to successfully buy through US Adobe store (I doubt its possible), please post.

I bought CS 5.5 on a standard education discount from UK store a few days ago. Would like to know if its worth requesting a refund and then trying to buy from US store.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
I got this from their website: Acceptable forms of proof you are a student include:
School ID card, Report card, Transcript, Tuition bill or statement, or any other document issued by the educational institution that includes your name, the institution name, and the current date or term.

Try sending in the report card/transcript. I believe K-12 qualifies too.
Thanks. I'll wait and see what their response is. I can scan a report card.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Is this a special discount before the next version comes out, or is this a regular deal for education?

monokakata

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Ithaca, NY
Works for professors, too.

Thanks for the tip, Orionpkmyz. I wasn't going to spend any money to get to v 5.5, but for those prices, I will.

Rennir

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
And to think I bought CS5 extended for slightly under $200...although this may be a good opportunity for me to get it again, but the Mac version this time. I've been considering buying a MBP for college but one of the things stopping me is that on top of the extra $600 of the MBP vs. a windows laptop (which is worth it, I agree), I'd also have to shell out another $200 for a Mac version of CS5...

shawnathan

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2008
I'm a student, and I've been thinking about buying the Master Collection. I really want to buy it with this promo, but I just tried, and the code did not work for me. I tried it for both download and mail box to me option.

Edit:

My wife just found out the extra 80% discount was a mistake on Adobe's part. They only honored the promo for one day for the people that bought it at that price. You can no longer use the code. Sucks.

theriddler

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2011
UK
Does this work for people outside the US as there's a download option?

Let's not forget CS6 is around the corner. Literally.
How much does it cost to upgrade from CS5 to CS6 when the new version comes out?

ETA: Too good to be true...
Deal is dead. Talked with Adobe this morning, and found out that it was a "marketing error." The code (SAVE80EDU) is dead, and they won't honor the price - which stinks - because I had the same problem yesterday with the submit button disappearing. I tried calling, but callbacks were an hour + out. Apparently they honored the deals they made yesterday at the low (80%) price but not anymore!
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details...otoshop-education-edition-with-code-save80edu

Orionpkmyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
qxw0f4.png

cr2

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
You don't need to buy it again!

And to think I bought CS5 extended for slightly under $200...although this may be a good opportunity for me to get it again, but the Mac version this time. I've been considering buying a MBP for college but one of the things stopping me is that on top of the extra $600 of the MBP vs. a windows laptop (which is worth it, I agree), I'd also have to shell out another $200 for a Mac version of CS5...
I think you can call Adobe and change the license from WIndows to Mac for free. Check on the Internet for the exact procedure. All the best.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
I think you can call Adobe and change the license from WIndows to Mac for free. Check on the Internet for the exact procedure. All the best.

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.
Found the official info here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405819.html?PID=2159997

One thing to highlight is that platform swaps are only free when the current version on the new platform is the same as the version you were using on your old platform. So as soon as CS6 comes out, you won't be able to swap for free (you can only swap to the current version).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.