Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following reports yesterday that Apple would open its first Dutch retail store in Amsterdam on March 3, the company has confirmed that date today with emails to customers and a new dedicated store page on its website.

amsterdam_retail_store_opening.jpg

The new store will open at 10:00 AM on Saturday, March 3, with press reportedly having been invited to a preview event two days earlier. With the opening, the Netherlands will become the twelfth country to host at least one Apple retail store.

Article Link: Apple Confirms March 3 Opening for Amsterdam Retail Store

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

From a branding/design perspective: I find it unusually off-brand to see the three stacked Apple logos. I can't recall ever seeing more than a single Apple logo used in marketing materials. Thus, a lone Apple logo in the center of that orange space would have felt more on-brand. To me. ;)
Regardless, congrats on the new store.

moiety

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

lazyrighteye said:

From a branding/design perspective: I find it unusually off-brand to see the three stacked Apple logos. I can't recall ever seeing more than a single Apple logo used in marketing materials. Thus, a lone Apple logo in the center of that orange space would have felt more on-brand. To me. ;)

The three stacked logos and the orange color are plays on the official logo for the city of Amsterdam and the official colors. It's not an arbitrary design decision.

ghostlines

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
Amsterdam
Cool

Yeah I'm heading over there to see it, and maybe get a t-shirt that would be cool to have. Especially with the cool play on coat of arms of Amsterdam XXX.:D

CountBoni

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2011
London, UK

Here is why the three stacked apples, quite clever I must say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Amsterdam

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO

The three stacked logos and the orange color are plays on the official logo for the city of Amsterdam and the official colors. It's not an arbitrary design decision.

Oh good! Even better! It seemed too odd to not have some sort of significance.
A nod to the stacked Xs?

Thanks for the clarification, Moiety.

----------

Here is why the three stacked apples, quite clever I must say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Amsterdam

Totally agreed. A nice touch.
Thanks all for the education. Yah learning! ;)

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008

MasterHowl said:
Maybe the three stacked apples are a clue that the opening of this store will coincide with the launch of the iPad 3 :eek:

Yeah, and since "Apple" consists of five letters, maybe the iPhone 5 will be introduced there, too.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England

Yeah, and since "Apple" consists of five letters, maybe the iPhone 5 will be introduced there, too.

No need to get ****** mate :) It was just a suggestion

C

champ01

Not everybody smokes weed in the Netherlands guys.

I'll bet that there are more smokers in any other country. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.