Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plagiat-Check

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
So misunderstood during his first years at Apple, now loved in the last corners

Happy birthday Mr. Genius!

He was so misunderstood during his first years he build Apple.
The biography about Steve has shown us, how many facets his mind had,
how precise his view of the technological future was and how brilliant his understanding of design, usability and technology was. He was not only a successful CEO in the second half of his life, but he also was a philosopher who inspired a whole generation and maybe also the next.

I wish you and all of us, that heaven exists and you could see what is happening around your genius mind. Apple is stronger than ever and i hope, that your dream of building an enduring company come true for ever.

Happy birthday also MacRumors, which i daily visit.

Greetings from Germany, Berlin.

Georgia T.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
"I want to put a ding in the universe." - Steve Jobs ...You succeeded. Happy Birthday (wherever you may be now).

Also, happy birthday MacRumors. I can't count the number of hours I've spent on here both looking forward to Steve's next creation, and those that will now follow.

Posted from my MacBook Pro :apple:

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
I got my notification in iCal. I have a Steve Jobs contact with all known emails and his birthday. I was a bit sad knowing this was the first birthday he didn't have. Still a shame. After all this time, it still gets to me. Funny how a person I never even had a chance of knowing has impacted my life so much. As I type this on my MacBook, I think of all the things we've been given by his and Apple's vision. I'm happy to give back a Happy Birthday to Steve, and remember his life and legacy. Oh, and Happy Birthday, MacRumors! I'm glad that the sentiments in this thread are more happy and positive. It's nice to read those. :)

peb123

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2010
"To fete what would have been Jobs' 57th birthday, dancers will gyrate to Bob Dylan songs while vegetarian birthday cake is served and black turtlenecks are handed out to hundreds of Apple fans, according to the event's organizers, Brendan McElroy and Seth Rogers."

What? No LSD? :)

goodcow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
Steve was known to eat seafood. I've known other vegetarians that don't eat chicken, pork, beef, or other land animals, but they will occasionally eat seafood.

I haven't finished the book, so maybe it's covered there, but wasn't Steve known to be pescatarian, not vegetarian?

Pescatarian = vegetarian + seafood.

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
Happy Birthday Steve -Prometheus- Jobs & MacRumors, and thank you for everything.

I always thought of Steve's contributions as Promethean.

In Greek mythology, Prometheus (Ancient Greek: Προμηθεύς, "Forethinker")[1] is a Titan, the son of Iapetus and Themis, and brother to Atlas, Epimetheus and Menoetius. He was a champion of mankind, known for his wily intelligence, who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to mortals.[2] Zeus then punished him for his crime by having him bound to a rock while a great eagle ate his liver every day only to have it grow back to be eaten again the next day.
Wikipedia.

Yeah, wily intelligence, stole fire & gave it to mortals. That's about right.

organik

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
Steve was known to eat seafood. I've known other vegetarians that don't eat chicken, pork, beef, or other land animals, but they will occasionally eat seafood.

I can understand why a vegetarian wouldn't have much of a problem with eating Lobsters, Crabs, or Shrimp. They are all arthropods in the same phylum as insects and arachnids. If someone has no problem killing a spider, scorpion, or insect in your house, then there isn't much of a difference between that and eating a crab IMO.

I'm not saying you are wrong not to eat it, but just saying I can understand the reasoning behind it for some that choose to.

If they eat seafood, they aren't vegetarians. And as for the vegan cake, there are as many vegan cake recipes as there are non-vegan, and some truly suck, but some are amazing. As moist and rich as any cholesterol-laden egg and milk cake.

I've been vegan for 17 years and I love it, but I try to avoid the label usually, it's more trouble than it's worth. I prefer to say I eat a "plant based diet".

Contrary to popular belief, Jobs was not vegan, or even vegetarian - but he did eat a mostly plant based diet, FWIW.

I really don't get the dietary labels, I think pecatarian implies you eat only fish, which is really never the case. Vegetarian would imply you only eat plants - which is true only in the case of vegans. I think really for most humans the only two valid things to say would be that you either have an omnivorous or vegetarian diet. I would say I have an omnivorous (leaning vegetarian) anatomy, but a vegetarian diet.

organik

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
He put off treatment and tried wacky eastern non-treatments instead. Surely not a genius when it comes to putting ones health first. He easily could be alive today and completely fine.

Apparently you don't know much about pancreatic cancer. His chances of being "completely fine" regardless of treatment choice were slim to none.

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
MacRumors has become one impressive business model. To think so much with such a simple idea. Congrats. :cool:

StealthGhost

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2010
Apparently you don't know much about pancreatic cancer. His chances of being "completely fine" regardless of treatment choice were slim to none.

Probably an exaggeration but they caught it on a whim before it had spread and he threw away that massive advantage that next to no one gets with cancer and screwed himself over. If you want to compare it to normal cases of his cancer he should have died years ago, so you really can't.

uknowimright

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2011

Jobs had a rare form of the cancer, known as neuroendocrine cancer, which grows more slowly and is easier to treat, explains Leonard Saltz, acting chief of the gastrointestinal oncology service at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. "Survival for many years or even decades with endocrine cancer is not surprising." For that type, the sort that Jobs had, "survival is measured in years, as opposed to pancreatic cancer, which is measured in months."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=pancreatic-cancer-type-jobs

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Wow. Get a life.

Yeh - this whole "happy birthday Steve" idea is rather creepy.

Jobs is gone. The turtlenecked overlord is no longer telling us how to hold our telephones.

Simple memorials in the year of his passing are one thing, but if we're looking at an annual party - some people do need to get a life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.