Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1
akcarrington
macrumors newbie

ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD Heat Issue

I have recently fitted the ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD to my 2011 11-inch MacBook Air (i7 1.8 GHz) and started noticing my base was pretty warm. I had a look online about any heat issues with the InvisibleSHIELD and found this thread but struggled to get any definitive feedback from anyone else noticing a heat issue.

I eventually managed to find another who noticed the heat and monitored the before and after installation temperatures with worrying results, and I quote:

"My CPU temps were seriously high, something around 85 C, while only idling"

"I immediately pulled the ZAGG from the base of the my MacBook and it now idles at a whopping 10-15 C below"

This has got to be more critical with the heat damaging the 11-inch MacBook Air but the 13-inch can't really escape. Other aluminum MacBooks should consider the finding on this blog and perhaps do some digging around for advice. It hardly needs saying I have removed all of the InvisibleSHIELD from my new shiny peice of aluminum.

Please read this guys blog for more detailed info:

http://lightinvisishieldpoint.blogsp...acbook_13.html

Last edited by akcarrington; Feb 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM.
akcarrington is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air