Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:42 PM   #1
chillined1212
macrumors member

Reliable External Hard Drive??

I am a cinematographer/film maker who has tons and tons of gigs of video footage created each week. I have tired a couple different brands of external hard drives, but somehow they always end up crashing, and I loose everything. I keep telling myself time and time again that I will not let this keep happening to me. I lost a total of 4 terabytes of data so far. I am at the point now where
I can avoid a crash since my hard drive failed to mount, but i repaired it and that data was all still there. I need to buy a new one but I really don't know what brand is the most reliable. They all have mixed reviews. I need a reliable external hard drive roughly 1.5 tb to 2 if I could. I have tons of gigs of hd video, and I edit on the go with my laptop. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a brand that would fit my needs. I will carry it around a lot as I move from place to place. Please all help would be appreciated. I really would like a hard drive that could last for more than a year and not crash on me. I would like to add price is another factor.. i really don't want to be paying $500. $200 or lower if possible please

Last edited by chillined1212; Feb 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: adding info
chillined1212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Tags
hard drive reliable