Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:53 AM   #1
SimonUK5
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to SimonUK5 Send a message via MSN to SimonUK5 Send a message via Skype™ to SimonUK5
Centering Fireworks Nav Bar?

Due to some crazy ass course at school I've had to make a really simple Nav bar in fireworks and then Import it into dreameaver. That was fine i did it and whatever.

But,

I can't Center the nav bar in dreamweaver? I Preview it in Safari and it just shows top left and i need it to show Top Center? And i can't for the life of my work out how to get it there :P

I'm a Web Design Noob! Help me!

Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:38 PM   #2
mwilloam
macrumors newbie

I'm not a Dreamweaver user but if you can access and edit your CSS styling code you can center it fairly easily.

I'm assuming the navbar is an image file (jpg,png?) that you exported from Fireworks. Also assuming you know the width of it in pixels.

HTML would looks something like:

<html>
<body>

<div id="navbar"> </div>

</body>
</html>

Then CSS:

#navbar {
width:800px; (whatever width the navbar needs to be or is)
margin: 0 auto; (this sets the navbar's top and bottom margin to 0 and the left and right to auto, which auto centers it in the window.)
}

That's it. Does that make sense?
mwilloam is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development