Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
If I try and print from iPhoto, I get this message:

Screenshot2012-02-27at003525.png

Any ideas why? I have all the available themes installed, but can't think why they should be needed for printing.

RonaldTurner

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2012
Sorry, don't have a solution for you, but sounds like iPhoto got some corrupted file in it....could try reinstall of iPhoto....or maybe post this over at Apple's forums.....

JKJOHN

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
I love my Mac, but it is nothing short of mind numbing how Apple chose to disallow easy access to files. ... They want you to do everything through iPhoto

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I love my Mac, but it is nothing short of mind numbing how Apple chose to disallow easy access to files. ... They want you to do everything through iPhoto

I find it amazing how many people disparage the advantages of a Digital Asset Manager (DAM). I am not personally fond of iPhoto either... but I do love Aperture 3 and it has exactly the same characteristics that you mention.

Do people also disparage the fact that the "Finder App" makes it hard for you to directly manage the "blocks and sectors" on your hard drive? Of course not.

Getting a great program like Aperture 3 (or to a lesser extent iPhoto)... allows you the freedom and power to do MUCH MUCH more than you can do by directly manipulating the file system. The analogy that I made earlier... that "Finder" gives you direct access to your entire file... rather than make you mess with blocks and sectors holds perfectly.

I have found that the vast majority of photographers who have embraced and mastered a DAM would never go back to manually storing pictures within a file system.

Using a file system is a way to STORE pictures. Using a DAM is a way to USE pictures. The difference is stunning. Every good DAM allows you a trivial way to export any subset of your pictures into the file system for use in whatever manner you may choose.

/Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.