Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RogueWarrior65

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2003
Redondo Beach, CA
Not a bad deal

Assuming 25 employees, they'd each get $2 million if divided evenly. I'd take that. Not quite enough to retire in a high cost of living area on after taxes but you'd be able to take in $66k a year if you invested it in companies with a 5% annual dividend.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Assuming 25 employees, they'd each get $2 million if divided evenly. I'd take that. Not quite enough to retire in a high cost of living area on after taxes but you'd be able to take in $66k a year if you invested it in companies with a 5% annual dividend.

Except that's not how it works. Chomp has 2 rounds of financing so those investors will get paid. As for the employees, I'm sure they got a nice check and a job at Apple but nowhere near $2 million each.

kinderdm

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2011
What they really need.

Want to sell more apps then make it easier for people to buy them. Dont just limit sales to itunes only. When im at work I dont have itunes and I dont have wifi so anytime i want to buy anything over 20mb I cant. They should allow for the purchase of apps but say that it cannot be downloaded until you are on Wifi or through itunes. then I could have my app automatically sync up next time im under the right conditions. Also I would love to see a web interface for purchasing like google and amazon have because why not give another way for people to buy your stuff. I love searching in a browser on my computer and clicking buy and knowing that when i get home all I have to do is say ok to download whatever is waiting for me. No password entry other than being logged into the web interface. Apple really seems behind the times on this one to me, especially for a company that prides themselves on everything working almost magically. There is nothing magical about the app store saying no I will not take your money for this thing you want because I dont want you to use the bandwidth you already paid for in order to download it.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Really? Nobody has referred to the $50 million as “Chomp change” for Apple? Very well, I guess I have to be the one to do it.

mobitily1

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2012
Chomp is a very good tool for the app search. It's a great that Apple have acquired Chomp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.