Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

javamex

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Dear all,

I'd like to invite word puzzle addicts to check out my new game, [app]LetterMeister[/app], released on the App Store today. )I'll also be posting a couple of codes on the code sharing forum.)

ScreenshotSmall.png

I would welcome any feedback for future updates and have also set up a facebook page for that purpose.

Enjoy!

Neil

spaghetti head

macrumors member
May 5, 2011
I downloaded the game with one of your free codes. Thanks. It's a great game. My one complaint is the highlight colors that you use. I red green colorblind and I have a difficult time distinguishing between the 2 colors. A more saturated hue or using something in the blue family would be helpful. Thanks again.

javamex

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Colour recommendations?

Hi, that's a really interesting point that I confess I hadn't considered. And obviously, colour selection is something that could easily be addressed in an update.

Do you have any recommendations for which colours to use/avoid?

spaghetti head

macrumors member
May 5, 2011
Hi, that's a really interesting point that I confess I hadn't considered. And obviously, colour selection is something that could easily be addressed in an update.

Do you have any recommendations for which colours to use/avoid?

Like I said, I'm red / green colorblind, which is the most common type. I can see both red and green, although I have difficulty telling them apart if they aren't really saturated colors. Blue is a color that I see very well. I think if your yellow and green were darker (more saturated) I could see them better.

Some games that I play have a color blind mode where the items get a graphic or different shape so they are more distinguishable.

There are some color blind apps out for the iPhone. I have one (currently not installed, so I don't know it's name) that will take a photo and process it so it appears to everyone as it would to some one with that particular color blindness. Something like this might help.

I appreciate your willingness to address this. Thanks.

javamex

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
App for processing photo

There are some color blind apps out for the iPhone. I have one (currently not installed, so I don't know it's name) that will take a photo and process it so it appears to everyone as it would to some one with that particular color blindness. Something like this might help.

Thanks for the info -- I'll have a look out for apps of the type you mention and do a bit of research. If by any chance you do manage to get the name of this one that you think is more realistic, then do post it -- I'd be interested in any recommendations! N

spaghetti head

macrumors member
May 5, 2011
There is also a free app called Colored Eye. It seems to have a lot of really good info, including the best colors to be using.

javamex

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Had a look

Many thanks for this -- I had a look at the app through CVS. Is one of the problems also that the red colour that indicates a wrong letter merges into the general (yellow) background of the squares?

spaghetti head

macrumors member
May 5, 2011
Many thanks for this -- I had a look at the app through CVS. Is one of the problems also that the red colour that indicates a wrong letter merges into the general (yellow) background of the squares?
I have a hard time distinguishing which is which, I click a letter to see if I can move it, and go from there.

javamex

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
New colour scheme

I'm currently looking at a scheme more like this -- any comments? :)

NewColoursMockup.png

Many thanks,

Neil

javamex

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Update with brighter colours

I just wanted to mention that an update to the game is now in review and includes slightly brighter colours in the "normal" colour scheme, plus the option to choose a "vivid" colour scheme similar to that pictured above.

In the meantime, for anybody else reading this thread, LetterMeister is currently free for a promotional period as I´m still trying to garner a few more reviews/ratings. So if anybody else would like to download and take a look, the more the merrier!!

Neil

javamex

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
LetterMeister free again today

I just wanted to mention that LetterMeister is free to download again today.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lettermeister/id501188860

Please grab a copy and check it out! If you do try the game, then as before I would be very grateful if you could leave an App Store review. Many thanks to those who have already done so!

Neil

javamex

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Update released

I'm pleased to say that the aforementioned update to LetterMeister has now been released to the App Store.

Also, if anyone is reading this who hasn't downloaded the game -- the promotional period is still on, so why not grab a copy of the app and take advantage! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.