Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stordoff

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2009
Here's what I hope for from the launch:

* iPad 3 (goes without saying :p) - LTE and retina display, anything else is a bonus
* Apple TV 3 - 1080p support (possibly app support, but I wouldn't expect it)
* 1080p iTMS content - goes nicely with the new hardware
* Lossless/HD Audio - possibly MPEG4-SLS to allow for low bitrate streaming.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
i will only get a apple tv once it supports 1080p. but ofcource the ipad 3 must then also support 1080p air mirroring, also though video apps. That would mean i just pop in a MKV video and run. simple :D

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007

What should they be covering related to Mac that they aren't covering now? I think the blame is on Apple. Apple is focusing on iOS more then Mac so that is what is reported on the most. When there are Mac Rumors they report them as well.

zombierunner

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
UK
i bought apple tv 2 in dec last year .. what should i do .. can i return it to amazon or too late? i'd be dissapointed if apple tv 3 is coming out soon ... i only bought apple tv 2 because of the rumours suggesting apple would just make a television set instead of the box

Nocaster

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
What should they be covering related to Mac that they aren't covering now? I think the blame is on Apple. Apple is focusing on iOS more then Mac so that is what is reported on the most. When there are Mac Rumors they report them as well.

Misquote?

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Nop.

1 .- TB is expensive, do you want to buy a $50 wire to charge/sync your iPad?

2.- TB is waaay too fast for the iPad flash memory speed, so no improvement here in transfer speed.

Bah! What am I supposed to use this damn port for then!?

djrod

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
Bah! What am I supposed to use this damn port for then!?

Let me see….

thunderboltdispalypfprint.jpg

Lacie-little-big-disk-thunderbolt.jpg

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
Am I the only one who wishes macrumors.com would start talking about stuff that is Mac related?

Ivy Bridge is delayed. What do you want them to say? "Well, everything is still the same as it was yesterday..." The Macs will get their time in the sun towards the middle of the year, don't worry.

mwayne85

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
Am I the only one who wishes macrumors.com would start talking about stuff that is Mac related?

What do you expect? We're waiting for Ivy Bridge, and there might be a 15" slimmer Macbook Air/Pro coming out. There's not much else to report. If there's Mac news, I'm sure MacRumors will report it. iPad hype or not.

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Let me see….

thunderboltdispalypfprint.jpg

Lacie-little-big-disk-thunderbolt.jpg

-Facepalm- Oh of course. I've always thought to myself that what I've really been missing in life is 5 RAID arrays connected together at, I think it's $1000 a pop. :)

Let me know when there is a simple, cheap device that let's me plug in 2 or 3 monitors to my Macbook pro pleease (aka, not the Apple Display)?

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I'll be getting both but I sure do hope they offer a way of upgrading previously purchased HD content for people who upgrade the Apple TV. Something like what they did with music when they upped the bit rate and removed DRM.

I would love that too but I'm not holding my breath. About the only way I see that happening is perhaps select items like current tv seasons and maybe only if the prices adjust so that this new superhd (aka 1080p) format is the same price as what we were paying for HD before. And perhaps then only if you had bought a season pass on the title.

Of course, it would also be great if they removed DRM on purchased video but that won't happen anytime soon.

yeah that would be nice. Which is why we won't get it. At least not for a long time.

----------

To be honest, I kind expected Apple TV 3 at the same time. Makes sense to advertise/sell them together, with 1080p capabilities and AirPlay :D

I'm thinking the same thing. With the Apple TV still being a hobby it seems too perfect not to piggy back it on the new iPad 3 and any connections possible with the pair

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.