Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubusX

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

Buy an iPad from Best Buy with the warranty. When it is a year old and the new version is out, break it and return it to Best Buy. They will offer you a replacement or store credit. Take the store credit and buy the new model iPad at Beat Buy with the warranty. Always have a new model and lose roughly $60 a year.

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Please don't flame me for the novice question, but what are some examples of what 4g LTE will enable an iPad to do that the iPad cannot do now? Thanks.

According to Telstra ads in Australia, make little pixel characters fly backwards as if on rollercoasters.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Does it matter what the chip / chips are called when the new iPad 3 will provide a great experience?

Yes it does.

There are potato chips which provide a great experience, especially with a beer.

So, XXXXX is not as good as SEX, pardon me SIX.

lcm123

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
cnbc

I'm looking at CNBC app's news under AAPL ticker on my iphone and it still showing "...news the tech giant will unveil a quad-core iPad 3 with 4G LTE tech in NY next week..." I hope it's true.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
They have to give journalists some time to recover from MWC.

If by 'time to recover' you mean time to fly to the event sure. But otherwise, I doubt Apple really cares. It's not like the same folks simply have to be at both.

As for CNBC, I call BS on them having a clue. And after this I won't be shocked if they get Gizmodo'd.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
So supposedly Apple has "controlled leaks" to create hype about its products.

I wonder though if competitors like Samsung or the like would "leak" information about Apple products that is not true, to attempt to overhype them the week before supposed release and hopefully (for them) create disappointment in the announcement.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Every time you see junk like this makes you wonder how the traditional news outlets can still act so haughty insisting they are "professional" and bloggers cannot be because they have no newsroom. With all of CNBC's resources it should strive to confirm before it prints. They've apparently just been schooled by blogger Jim Dalrymple. Fancy that.

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
Would be nice to have an LTE-free (but still 3G) version for places without LTE? seems annoying if it's going to drive up prices, and we won't probably won't have it here for another 2 years...

Bodygard

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2009
Bring forth the mighty iPad 3!!! it'll smash the competition :D
Spongebob%20Money.jpg

griz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
New London, NH
Just my own prediction.

iPad 2 will still be available but for $399/$499/$599 in Wifi Only and with A5X.
This will make it more competitive.
iPad 3 will have A6, Retina Display and 3G/LTE models staring at $629.
No iPad 3 Wifi Only. That's the upsell and the way they will push everyone into the cellular world.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Retina display and quad-core and 4G LTE? :eek:

I hope I'm wrong, but putting those three major things in one upgrade, and inclusive of a camera update, will never ever happen. Apple doesn't work that way - they always hold back features, and the announcements always are less than rumors and expectations. ALWAYS. We will get Retina and a camera upgrade certainly, but my guess that we get neither 4G LTE nor quad core. Of the two - 4G LTE is more likely, but still doubtful.

Tony

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Wow. Talk about linear extrapoliation by a clueless reporter who belives just because the education event was in NYC, the iPad 3 event will be in NYC.

This person has obviously never seen an Apple keynote before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.