Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Just my own prediction.

iPad 2 will still be available but for $399/$499/$599 in Wifi Only and with A5X.
This will make it more competitive.
iPad 3 will have A6, Retina Display and 3G/LTE models staring at $629.
No iPad 3 Wifi Only. That's the upsell and the way they will push everyone into the cellular world.

You realize that would make zero sense, right? Apple gains nothing from pushing iPad customers onto carrier networks. It would dramatically slow adoption and push wifi only users to their competition.

Makes even less sense than the price bump rumors that started going around yesterday.

reszen

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
Flash

So far pretty much sold on the unit after the reading about the Quad-core, screen, and photoshop coming out for the iPad3.

Yet I'm not hearing complaints that the iPad backing doesn't seem to have a LED flash. Is it just not needed because of the improved optics? If so I'd be curious to see how well the new camera performs in less than perfect light conditions as compared to the iPad2.

:apple::apple:RESZEN:apple::apple:

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Yes its a Quad Core A6 now relax its ok to loose your mind with so little time before it comes out.

The one I am all over is the same for the iPhone which may not be so. Sound like the iPhone may just get a supped up A5, which considering the size of the iPhone is plenty for me. :D

kevingaffney

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2008
Im self employed and last year was very slow, barely breaking even, hence I couldn't justify an upgrade to iPad2. This year though has been terrific and can't wait to get my hands on what is sure to be a huge upgrade from an ipad1

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Does it matter what the chip / chips are called when the new iPad 3 will provide a great experience?

What its called no, what it is yes. The GPU/CPU need to be par with the new graphics and its capacity if not go even higher.

Trust in that people will find things to do with all that processing power if you have it. :rolleyes:

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
Please don't flame me for the novice question, but what are some examples of what 4g LTE will enable an iPad to do that the iPad cannot do now? Thanks.

1) A fancy new 4G icon.

2) A new way for AT&T to get you to drop your unlimited data plan.

3) Faster speeds to the tower will better allow you to experience even more frustration due to insufficient back-haul bandwidth.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
That means the announcement could be at 10AM eastern, so earlier then regular launches, I am in the eastern time zone so this is getting me excited :)

shawnce

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2004
Buy an iPad from Best Buy with the warranty. When it is a year old and the new version is out, break it and return it to Best Buy. They will offer you a replacement or store credit. Take the store credit and buy the new model iPad at Beat Buy with the warranty. Always have a new model and lose roughly $60 a year.
...people like this are why we can't have nice things...

ArcaneDevice

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2003
outside the crazy house, NC
EXCLUSIVE! THIS JUST IN!

100% reliable sources confirm next week someone will be unveiling a brand new thing somewhere! It will be better than some other thing, priced in money and available to buy to interested parties exclusively.

All models come with free company logo and the ability for users to touch it.

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Update #4? How about we post after we learn something of substance:)

There is never going to be anything of substance from Apple. I guess your new to Apple its all speculation 99% of the time, so anyone guess is as good as anyone else. I don't care if its NBC or WSJ talking. They are going to be talking from their back side every time. Unless Apple just lost all its paranoia and everything Steve stood for, nothing here or anywhere will have much in the way of reality directly from Apple. Is more of some said that some one said that they heard bla, bla, infantilism.

So keep it coming its just fun debating the merits of one CPU to another. Its all gossip in the end.:rolleyes:

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I'm guessing Thursday at the latest, 1 week from the event. Still seems like cutting it close though.

It's not cutting it close for Apple.

Apple is the prettiest cheerleader in the high school. She doesn't need to give you much lead time. You'd dump any plan you had to go out with her.

When Apple becomes the regular girl someday, these events will be planned out months ahead of time. Until then, Apple can do this because they can.

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
Wow nailed that one... March 7 in San Francisco. Yeah, that's really next week in NY...

FAIL!

ILikeTurtles

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
CNBC are a bunch of complete morooons!

NYC was they key site for the last Apple announcement - not this one!

Morooooos!

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Retina display and quad-core and 4G LTE? :eek:

Sounds awesome. I have an iPad 1. A retina display and 4G would get me to buy a new iPad 3. So I'm torn - I'd love to get a new shiny Apple device, but I'd also like it to be just an incremental update so I can save money.

Will definately buy: Retina and 4G
Might buy: Retina
Will hold out for the iPad 4: Just camera and processor updates

On the other hand, the Apple TV device, even with 1080p and the ability to play iOS games, I would not upgrade. There has to be a better killer feature than those two for me to upgrade.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
someone heard the apple invites were about to go out, and decided to dupe CNBC.

Lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.