Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frosticus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Bristol, UK
I've tried Googling and MRoogling this one but still can't seem to find a clear answer, so here goes...

Should PDF documents which I have in iBooks be syncing between my devices via iCloud - i.e. in the same way that books from the iBookstore do?

If so, how do I enable this? If not, any suggestions on how to achieve this so I can sync the stored PDFs on my iPhone and iPad?

Thanks in advance...

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I've tried Googling and MRoogling this one but still can't seem to find a clear answer, so here goes...

Should PDF documents which I have in iBooks be syncing between my devices via iCloud - i.e. in the same way that books from the iBookstore do?

If so, how do I enable this? If not, any suggestions on how to achieve this so I can sync the stored PDFs on my iPhone and iPad?

Thanks in advance...
No, one of my major complaints. Neither PDF's nor personally added epub's from third party sources sync.

I don't even think they get backed up. I have on a few times in the past restored and lost all docs. Very annoying, it's hard to manage/keep a reliable library on iPad.

I make sure all are stored in Dropbox for backup. That's my recommendation. Use DropBox, and star those that you know you'll need often then it'll keep a local cache of that file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.