Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I have been waiting for Apple to build a standalone retail location in Houston since forever now. Anyone who has been to their retail store inside the Galleria Mall knows how badly this location is needed! Would love to see their woodlands store moved from the mall to Market Street, but I don't see that happening. Looks like I'll be taking a visit to Highland Village soon! :D

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Please let there be a pre-order. If its the 16th I'll be 3 weeks with no iPad at that point, since my 2 went out already to Ebay land. Not a tragedy, but I do need it back for work by the end of March. Don't like the idea of ordering on the 16th and waiting two more weeks.

I would just like to get in at midnight on the 9th, get my order placed, and wait for it to show up on the 16th.

And I just realized I'm working til 11 PM on the 9th, so I'll have an hour to pack up the gear, load up, drive an hour home, and get on the computer.

Maybe I'll have Siri order it for me, from the Apple Store App. :D

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Each week without my iPad is pretty painful. I'm really hoping the same week launch next week, although I know it's not gonna happen. Oh well.

doobs22

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2009
Redwood City, California
iPad3 March 7th

I want to order at midnight 8th of March. I couldn't care less about a new store...

I agree, announce the iPad3 on 3/7/12 and let me order one on that day or the following day. Everyone else can do whatever they want about the new store. I, for one, also don't care about another Apple store.

X Cruz 187

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
Texas
Amen Brother!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaecasher
As an architecture student I find the apple store extremely well designed

Until this summer when the Houston humidity combined with the air conditioning its gonna take to keep that place cool causes condensation on that glass roof.

:eek:

When it's mid August 110 degrees and 90% humidity, it's like a sauna here, I start sweating walking from my place of business to my car!!! Shoot it's hot!

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Hey look! Now there IS something worthwhile in Houston!

Like Nasa, Exxon, Worlds largest Medical Center, and now FINALLY a flagship Apple store!!! :D I still remember the days of having to drive out to Memorial City Mall because there was no Apple Store on the north side of town. Just glad to finally see a stand alone store in Houston. :p :apple:

ULFoaf

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
The Bayou City, USA
Highland Village?

I've lived in Houston a long time, and I'd never heard of Highland Village... there is already one maybe a mile or less away in the Galleria. Wonder if they will keep both open. My guess is yes.

children

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
As an architecture student I find the apple store extremely well designed

While NY/Shanghai are fascinating, this store isn't that impressive, it isn't as clean as their others.

The lines aren't flush with the surroundings and the domed roof seems very misplaced. I also don't know about the climate of Houston, but they will need a ***** load of electricity heating and cooling the place with no insulation..

Sumthin0

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Way to get fired there...

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
It would be nice to have another one in Fort Worth...I can't complain though, my Apple Store is literally 3 minutes from where I live.

Dallas has three stores, Fort Worth has one, as of right now.

Don't forget Southlake: while it's technically not in Fort Worth, it is on our side of town. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.