Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mopatops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
UK
I use iPhoto to organise my photos and then sync them via iTunes back to my iPhone. In iPhoto I have the following events ordered by date:

Mar 2012
Valentine's Day
Snow Day
Feb 2012
Jan 2012
Christmas House
Dec 2011
James Blake
Bon Iver
Nov 2011
Oct 2011

The events also appear in this order in the photos sync tab in iTunes. On my iPhone however, the Events are listed in the following order:

Feb 2012
Jan 2012
Christmas House
Dec 2011
James Blake
Bon Iver
Nov 2011
Oct 2011
Snow Day
Valentine's Day
Mar 2012

For some reason, everything beyond Feb 2012 is being added to the bottom of the list. I've tried everything I can think of as well as googling the problem and have had no luck at all. Changing iPhoto to 'order by name' changes the order in iPhoto and iTunes but on the iPhone it still shows up as the second list posted.

If anyone has any ideas, they'd be appreciated!

pmas76

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2011
EASY EVENTS SORTING SOLUTION BELOW

After many months of struggling to sort "events" properly, I finally figured out how to correct the problem (actually by accident)...adding "faces" from your iPhoto software to your iOS device(s). You do not need to name all of them, just one face will do so that it adds the "faces" section into your photos app on your iOS device.

This past weekend I started naming the faces in my iPhoto library and then did an iPhone/iPad sync via iTunes. Then, after looking at the "events" section of the photos, VOILA, all the events were sorted properly as I have them in iTunes.

This is obviously a bug within iTunes, but needless to say, I am a very happy camper now that this "workaround" fixes the problem. Hopefully, this works for the rest of the community.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.