Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:50 AM   #51
fabian9
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhand1001 View Post
By earlier this year I meant like 10 months ago. So its didn't even last 4 years. It shuts off when you unplug it. It was working fine and held plenty of charge before it died.
Age isn't the most important variable here, charging cycles are.

How many charging cycles did your battery see before it failed?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:10 PM   #52
wrkactjob
Banned

I saw a beggar on the street in London with an early iPhone, I think there is a begging app that shows you the best spots and it translates "i am an unemployed banker please help" in various languages.
wrkactjob is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 01:39 PM   #53
Lindenhurst
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
Do you not know your android devices then? I see EVOs and SGS and SGS2's all the time.

just let him feel good about having an iPhone

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbSoluTc View Post
You do realize the batteries used will just fail out right when they are depleted right? There is no gradual decline. They just quit working. That is normal. 4 years of charges and use is pretty good for a battery. Be happy.

As for Apple quality, I have not had an issue with my MacBook Pro's or the like. So far I have been happy. I had a few hiccups with my 3GS and 4 in regards to crappy screens. 4S had no issues for me.

I will take a MacBook Pro over any other laptop out there - any day. Even if they were all the same price. The build quality is unmatched by anyone out there. Trust me on that. So much thought and detail went into the design of these things it's just amazing to see every time I open one up for repair (due to someone dropping it or spilling something on it). Everything is so compact. Not an ounce of space is wasted.

Now, open a competitors laptop and there's a crap ton of wasted space, plastic bits, pieces and crappy screw mounts that consistently fail (Toshiba - i'm talking about your sorry crap). So on so forth.

I'm happy I came to my senses and switched a little over a year ago. Best move I made. I was even an hater!

Have you seen the new notebooks out lately? Not the same cheap plastic of yesterday!
Lindenhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 02:17 PM   #54
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceterminal View Post
Some were using siri, others weren't. I just made a basic assumption that some of those were plain 4.
How can this assumption be made when
A) Not everyone who has a 4S is always using Siri and B) Siri can be had on the 4 as well?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 04:01 PM   #55
Jmclark
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Jmclark Send a message via Skype™ to Jmclark
Quote:
Originally Posted by koigirl View Post
What I really don't get are the parents who are using 5-year old crap flip phones and giving their spoiled kids their upgrades!
My parents have 5-year old flip phones while I have a 4S. That's because I paid for my phone and I pay for my data plan though.
Jmclark is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 04:22 PM   #56
JAT
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
I find apple products FEEL higher quality compared to a lot of their competitors but arent anymore durable when it comes to normal use. They definitely arent more durable when it comes to accidental drops and such.
Guess they are still stuck using the same elements found on this planet.
Quote:
A) Not everyone who has a 4S is always using Siri and B) Siri can be had on the 4 as well?
On the 4? Not really. The hoops to jump through are very difficult.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 04:34 PM   #57
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAT View Post
On the 4? Not really. The hoops to jump through are very difficult.
I said it was possible, not easy. And I would say the hoops aren't THAT hard. Jailbreak, install a cydia app, and from there either sign up for a siri proxy or use a 4S key. My point still stands. The use of Siri isn't necessarily indication that you are seeing a 4S in use. Nothing else was meant to be implied by that statement.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 05:02 PM   #58
cynics
macrumors 603

Quote:
I said it was possible, not easy. And I would say the hoops aren't THAT hard. Jailbreak, install a cydia app, and from there either sign up for a siri proxy or use a 4S key. My point still stands. The use of Siri isn't necessarily indication that you are seeing a 4S in use. Nothing else was meant to be implied by that statement.
When I brought it up initially I meant if you saw someone holding a 4 or 4S in public (not using it) could you tell which model it was. Cause there are physical difference between the razr and razr maxx (granted hard to see at a distance) that would let you know which it is simply by looking at it from a short distance.

Granted kind of dumb point I was getting at I know. But that's what I was meaning to say.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:26 PM   #59
motoleo
Banned

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I actually like the look of the iPhone 4 better than the 4S, the black stripes on the metal bands are just in different places. The 4S has a more naked look to it.

These days, just about everybody has an iPhone. You see them everywhere you go. I don't see how they've "taken over" though... what did they take over?
motoleo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 08:51 PM   #60
iceterminal
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Again, I saw the phones. There were 3G(S) and 4(S). Some of the kids were using Siri. Thus those weren't 4. Since most parents will upgrade asap, they normally might hand down their older phone. THUS THE ASSUMPTION.

Thats how it was made.

The only worth these items have is the one you give them.
iceterminal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 09:18 PM   #61
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

You will be assimilated.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 09:22 PM   #62
Fudd
macrumors member

A lot of my co-workers used to own motorola droid phones in the past, so many that I would hear the "dddrrrroooooiiiid" at least a dozen times an hour and a lot more when the mass emails got sent. Plus that shape is distinctly motorola.

Now I rarely hear it but I do hear the iPhone "ping" just as much and it's easy to identify an iphone in a case because they all have those huge cut-outs where the logo is located. So yeah, a lot of people have switched to iphones at work. Whether they're 4 or 4s, I don't know. :P

Even when waiting for the train in manhattan, I see hundreds of iphones being used constantly. (For those who don't know, they periodically announce not to display your phones and other electronics to prevent theft/snatching but the phones are still out there.) Just 6 months ago, you would have seen a lot more blackberries but they're almost non-existent now.

I've seen very few of the big screen androids in use though - not really sure why. The ones I usually see tend to be around the same size as the iphone.
Fudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 02:14 PM   #63
NedFlanders
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
Its because Apple is quality! You rarely see an iPhone crash. I can go days/weeks/months without even restarting my iPhone.

Buy a Macbook Pro (2011). Five years from now, it will still be running fine.
I had a coworker hand me her iPhone 4 the other day cause it had been frozen since her first coffee. Black screen with the spinning icon. I just rebooted her phone and handed it back to her.

I rarely have to reboot my iPhone, but can't tell you how many times I have to pull the battery on my work blackberry because it stops ringing and playing a sound when a message arrives, even though it shows it is set to ring. Changing the sound profile does not reset it only pulling the battery does?

My old Samsung Jack would always forget how to be a phone. Often when I got a phone call the mic and/or speaker would not work. I would have to pull the battery a few times and keep testing it until it worked, and then phone the person back. I don't think I could trust a phone where the phone and OS are not made for the same company again any time soon.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone