Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Photawala

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
I have a iPhone 3GS which is not turning up. I charged it for 2 hours and also tried connecting it with itunes. Neither works. The phone is completely down with a black screen and no detection in my my macbook or itunes.

This happened second time. It actually happened to my previous phone as well 2 months back. I kinda misplaced that phone so don't care about it. But this one also came up with the same issue. Need help badly.

FYI, I am using the same simcard slot in this phone (which I used in my previous one). Should that be creating any problem. I already tried the hard reset. HELP! URGENT HELP!

Photawala

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
Thanks for your comment but I guess I made myself clear in the last post that I already tried the hard reset and its not working. Also since the phone isn't been decking in the iTunes... pls don't tell me about recovery as well.

I need a completely different solution... Please!

Photawala

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
I guess so... but what surprises me is... how can I have this issue in 2 back-to-back phones... there can't be so much coincident in my life... Something really weird going on in here.

Anyways, do you have any idea how much will it cost me to get it fixed since its out of warranty... Btw isn't there any such Apple agreement where they are liable to replace me the phone since its not at all starting up (as no water damage is done)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I guess so... but what surprises me is... how can I have this issue in 2 back-to-back phones... there can't be so much coincident in my life... Something really weird going on in here.

Anyways, do you have any idea how much will it cost me to get it fixed since its out of warranty... Btw isn't there any such Apple agreement where they are liable to replace me the phone since its not at all starting up (as no water damage is done)

You might have a bad charger that maybe shorts it out? Not sure.
But no, Apple is not liable to replace it once its out of warranty.
You can go and give it a try though, worst thing that could happen is they will say no.
And they will charge you the $149 fee to replace the phone.
Up to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.