Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Before the storm.

Tugboat-Galene-012-XL.jpg

Tied Off

Lumberman, I'm enjoying your boat photos. I like the treatment, colours DOF and that kind of stuff.

Mine for today. Caribou Lake, Ontario. Before the storm:

bulllake201203020063.jpg

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
After a long winter...it looks like snow and ice are slowly melting.. but knowing our luck, it'll snow another metro or so still.. but nice droplet :)

Attachments

• 03-2012-Nikon-D700- 81.jpg
    03-2012-Nikon-D700- 81.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 110

motorazr

macrumors 6502
Hope no-one minds if I join on a spotty basis...

Hello --- I just thought I'd start stopping in here and posting occasionally, being that I've decided to take on the task of a 365 (again), this time hoping not to fail after a month and a half!

Description (from me' Facebook) :
The Clock Strikes Nine...

...And the snow keeps coming. This is from last night, when I randomly decided I'd take a mini detour and take a photo downtown. Most of the streets really didn't look that great.. just messy. Too many cars; a few cops helping stuck people or something of the likes, but this street (2nd I believe) looked almost empty.. and the clock tower looked rather nice in the snow, so that's about it.

Unbeknownst to me at the time, it was exactly 9'oclock, and the bells in the tower began to ring. Taken with a Canon 7D, 50mm 1.4, 1/40th for most exposures, iso(800?), f2 for the clock face;f1.6 for majority, edited in lightroom, composite in photoshop 5.5, back to lightroom. Original (16x9crop) is around 15000x9000.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 116

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
I met Heather during a party we both attended. I thought she would be amazing for a photo shoot so decided to ask her if she was willing to model for me. This was my first time asking a random stranger so I didn't want to give off a 'creep' image so I just asked "Hi there, my name is Peter and I was wondering if you have ever modelled before?" To my surprise the answer was no but she agreed to modelling for me :D

FLICKR

That's one way to get a date :D

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA

Nice wobbly house. Have you ever been to Lavenham in Suffolk? They have a famous house there that leans at least 30 degrees off vertical. I have a picture of it on slide film around here somewhere. People still live in it and there is a shop on the ground floor.

Interesting that the part that's sagging has a different pattern to the timber frame than the rest of the building. Perhaps they should have all been built with straight frames?

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I posted this snap before but as I was watching those poor people south of us I had to post it again...as the saying goes...but for the grace of god go I...this was in my son's back yard.
That is a beautiful wall cloud shot. You should submit that to the weather service for their archive. Weather is both stunning and deadly at the same time.

LumbermanSVO

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Denton, TX
Lumberman, I'm enjoying your boat photos. I like the treatment, colours DOF and that kind of stuff.

Thank you, I've had a lot of fun with it and I still have two more that I'm looking forward to. (interior and races)

For today, this hook was gently swaying the whole time, but I couldn't feel the boat moving and all, nor could I see it move if I watched the dock. My long exposure stuff from the boat didn't reveal any obvious movement either. The only shot that showed any sign of movement was the tie off line from the bow to the dock when I took some bow shots well after sunset.

I was also very fortunate to have a fairly low cloud cover that was bouncing back the city lights, acting as a giant softbox :)

Tugboat-Galene-013-XL.jpg

Hook

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
(Sorry, but I can't figure out how to quote with thumbnails.)

See the first post to this thread and read about quoting. You use the TIMG tag, or a browser extension.

The Safari extension just failed me on the image I quoted above, so I manually edited that response with a TIMG tag. I don't know why it didn't work as it has in the past and it is up to date and active on my system. Does TheReef have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.