Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blow45

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
Alas, for three years in a row apple has decided to stick the same storage on the ipad. 16/32/64 gb constant for three years is a first in apple devices, or for that matter pc makers device that at some point or other get a storage bump. This has been discussed a lot here about what a 16gb model (14.5 gbs actually) can hold, about 3 textbooks, 2 movies, and one game, that's about it... Sure it's great to have such great display but if you can barely use the device to store anything what good is it for? Yet apple still think the ipad with all its versatile functionality can have equal storage with the ipod nano...what a sham...

I will buy an ipad for sure for the retina, but this is disappointing news, albeit expected news. I hope the news on the ram front are not equally disappointing.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
The only thing that didn't come was 128GB

If I had to complain about something, it would be the lack of 128GB. But I didn't expect it, not with everything else they were focusing on. But one does have to wonder how limited even the most basic of users would be with 16GB eventually.

128GB would have been nice, but oh well.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
OK, get on with the 'one more thing' thing. This thing is quickly spiraling into the big dark pit of boredom.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
No Siri, No 8M camera, No quadcore. Well I am not complaining. I am sure it will sell fast and people will line up for it like crazy. The screen upgrade alone is probably worth the upgrade.

I like their product, just don't like their way of doing business not going all out, but always just give enough upgrade as long as it is enough to get users upgrade.

its the apple way and smart business really, it drags out the products life line by releasing slow updates. If they just went all out they wouldnt have ideas for the next update.

drkryn

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2011
So does this mean we can pretty much expect the same processor in the next iPhone? Seems disappointing if true.

ChrisNM

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2010
So the typical cycle begins....

- excited during announcements
- some features dont get announced
- people complain about how lack luster the event was and what is missing
- people claim they wont buy it because it is missing x
- people buy it
- it breaks records
- rinse and repeat for next event

How true !!!

GekiRed

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2010
Hades aka England
Sorry Apple, but I guess I won't be giving you my money this year for an iPad if there's no 128GB version! Instead, it'll be going on a FonePad or the updated version of the Transformer Prime! Oh well, better luck next year, unless there's a new iPod Touch coming out...

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
iPhoto?

C'mon, there's already about 30 of these apps already out.

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
I miss the old days when these keynotes actually introduced great products with groundbreaking hardware and features.

For you Apple noobs, take a look at this video of the introduction of the 17 and 12" PowerBook G4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iGTDE9XqJU

Steve used to introduce several new things in a single keynote. They didn't talk about software and games and apps for 30 minutes.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
So you'd rather go from 1.4 lbs to 4.5 lbs. And you argue that the new iPad is slightly heavier? Contradict much? :rolleyes:

Ok, truth be told the weight isn't the big thing that bothers me, you got me there (I was just pointing out it is getting bigger rather than smaller). It's more the size. The fact that it won't fit in my pocket or in my purse means I have to carry something extra just to carry it around. And if I have to do that, I'd rather just take my laptop which dimension wise won't really require me use that much bigger of an item to carry it around. The extra weight is worth the much better functionality and full OS imho with full fledged programs rather than stuff compromised to be more mobile.

tsivah

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
Whenever pre-orders open today and they are delivered on Friday, will they be at our doorsteps that day or will it take a few days to ship around? I know sometimes companies guarantee day-of delivery. Didn't know if anyone knew what Apple's policy is/has been in the past...

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
We're not going to get anything major in 5.1 are we?

Bit disappointing, seems all it'll do on my iPhone 4 is stop me from being able to jailbreak.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
OK, get on with the 'one more thing' thing. This thing is quickly spiraling into the big dark pit of boredom.

I must say, I agree. Developer demos are personally the downtime for me when it comes to these keynotes.

ChrisNM

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2010
Definitely sarcasm. I've only ever seen one person trying to take a photo with his iPad and he looked like a complete idiot trying to balance the iPad while taking the pic.

I can understand the front facing camera, but don't bother putting much effort, if any, into the back facing one.

I use my iPad for work and find the camera is useful to take pictures of white boards to add to my notes.

But other than that, you are right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.