Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Mar 7, 2012, 02:06 PM   #26
gpsouza
macrumors 6502

Seriously, what the ****?
It's an Apple app! And it's only available on USA Store... Should be released worldwide.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 02:11 PM   #27
milo
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorje Sylas View Post
Not really as Photoshop for iPad does things beyond image touch up that iPhoto won't do.
You don't think Adobe is feeling the pushback on 1600x1600 (regardless of what iPhoto supports)? I find that hard to believe, more advanced editing options are fairly pointless when limited to such low resolution images.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 02:14 PM   #28
HabSonic
macrumors regular

Just saw that image on Apple iPhoto for iPad page:

10.7.4 isn't out yet. I guess iPhoto for Mac will become fully compatible with iPhoto for iOS in the next update that will require 10.7.4.

http://www.apple.com/ca/ipad/from-th...le/iphoto.html
HabSonic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 02:23 PM   #29
luckysob
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzle View Post
Just witnessed the return of Gallery functionality in iCloud. Great to see it back.

Also, interesting 'Beam' option in the sharing options. What's that then?
Gallery: Is that what is meant by "Or publish them as beautiful web pages that you can share with family and friends using iCloud."?

http://www.apple.com/ipad/from-the-a...le/iphoto.html

I have been waiting for this to return.
luckysob is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 02:23 PM   #30
rydewnd2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrLaForge View Post
My Sony has 24 MP, so this kind of sucks and makes no sense for me then....
Are you printing your images onto billboards? If not why are you wasting the disk space to shoot 24 MP?
rydewnd2 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 02:38 PM   #31
mattraehl
macrumors 6502

There's already plenty of great photo editors for iOS. I was hoping for something that integrated/synced with iPhoto on the Mac. Bummer.
mattraehl is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 02:39 PM   #32
CmdrLaForge
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to CmdrLaForge Send a message via Skype™ to CmdrLaForge
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydewnd2 View Post
Are you printing your images onto billboards? If not why are you wasting the disk space to shoot 24 MP?
Well - what can I say. That is just the camera resolution. I have the Sony A65. On my Mac I use Aperture and I will continue to do so. It would have been interesting for travelling to use just the iPad for review and first corrections on the road. At home everything goes back into Aperture anyway. When I do only people, family pictures I reduce the resolution to 12MP but when I travel I like taking landscapes and actually don't want them in 12MP. 16MP would be alright as well but my cam just doesn't support it.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 02:47 PM   #33
Snowy_River
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Snowy_River Send a message via Yahoo to Snowy_River
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
Looks very cool, SO glad I didn't get Photoshop for iPad (even though this release hadn't leaked), particularly since that one is limited to 1600 by 1600. Adobe has to be feeling that fire under their butt right now...

And funny that the Apple webpages for the app are up saying it's in iTunes but the link gives an error.
As others have noted, PS Touch is a completely different animal than iPhoto. That being said, I really hope that Adobe is feeling some pressure from the resolution that iPhoto and other apps support in contrast with the pathetic resolution that PS Touch supports. As it stands, the computer that I had twelve years ago, running PhotoShop could handle bigger documents than PS Touch, and it had the same screen resolution as the iPad (1 & 2). If an update comes that supports higher resolution but only for the iPad 3, I'll definitely be writing a letter of complaint...
Snowy_River is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:00 PM   #34
milo
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy_River View Post
That being said, I really hope that Adobe is feeling some pressure from the resolution that iPhoto and other apps support in contrast with the pathetic resolution that PS Touch supports.
Exactly my point. Whether iPhoto is intended for the same thing as PS touch is or not doesn't make the PS limitation any less of a drag. And the limitation makes PS pretty useless for me at this point while iPhoto is capable of working on my photos at the resolution I have.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:00 PM   #35
nutmac
macrumors 68020

Sadly, it seems to be missing one feature that would be most valuable to me: ability to rate and tag photos then synchronize against Aperture and iPhoto for Mac.
nutmac is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:14 PM   #36
milo
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmac View Post
Sadly, it seems to be missing one feature that would be most valuable to me: ability to rate and tag photos then synchronize against Aperture and iPhoto for Mac.
Seriously, it still doesn't have that? I was shocked that the initial iPad photo app didn't have it...then again when iOS 5 came out and still no star rating...and now this really doesn't have it either?
milo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:16 PM   #37
celebi23
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to celebi23 Send a message via MSN to celebi23 Send a message via Yahoo to celebi23 Send a message via Skype™ to celebi23
Really does suck that iPhoto doesn't support the 4th Gen iPod Touch. I mean, it supports the iPhone 4 so, an A5 isn't a requirement. Maybe there's a way to change one of the .plist files, in the app, to allow it to run on my iPod :P Anyone willing to try?
celebi23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:17 PM   #38
Floris
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesser Evets View Post
Does it let us make cards/books/etc??

I think iPhoto is an OK program. iPhotos card/book printing is SUPERLATIVE; that is the true strength of the program, beating to death all Hallmark stores and print services worldwide forever and ever.
Apple has a free Cards app for your pictures.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/from-the...ple/cards.html
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:18 PM   #39
milo
macrumors 603

iPhoto now in the App store, just bought it (unfortunately won't be able to try it for a couple hours).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:20 PM   #40
gsmumbo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
iPhoto now in the App store, just bought it (unfortunately won't be able to try it for a couple hours).
Still not seeing it on my devices(US)
gsmumbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:29 PM   #41
AppliedMicro
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzle View Post
Also, interesting 'Beam' option in the sharing options. What's that then?
"you can beam photos between your iPhone and iPad"

Seems to be some sort of file sharing for photos between your devices.

I'd guess it'll also find its way to the Mac in two years or so (as so many features do a year or two later, after first appearing in iOS)
AppliedMicro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:31 PM   #42
shurcooL
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkermit View Post
Original iPad not supported of course. :/
Darn, that's a bummer. But not too unsurprising giving how the app seems to be very real-time-effect-heavy.
shurcooL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:41 PM   #43
Digital Skunk
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtune View Post
Seems like this app is basically a suped-up version of the stock Photos app.

I wonder if Apple will allow us to remove the stock Photos app if we purchase iPhoto?
Hopefully they will. The standard photo app would seem redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesser Evets View Post
Does it let us make cards/books/etc??

I think iPhoto is an OK program. iPhotos card/book printing is SUPERLATIVE; that is the true strength of the program, beating to death all Hallmark stores and print services worldwide forever and ever.
Agreed! Nothing sucks more than being able to do all of your post in one app, then have to export and transfer your images to another app just to get them out to the world.

Making a change at that point becomes a 5 step process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydewnd2 View Post
The amount of disk space needed for a 24MP image is negligible with 4TB disks on the market. Besides, no good shooter cripples themselves by shooting at a lower resolution just to save a few fractions of a cent on storage space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmac View Post
That is almost a deal breaker.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:56 PM   #44
steviem
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrLaForge View Post
Well - what can I say. That is just the camera resolution. I have the Sony A65. On my Mac I use Aperture and I will continue to do so. It would have been interesting for travelling to use just the iPad for review and first corrections on the road. At home everything goes back into Aperture anyway. When I do only people, family pictures I reduce the resolution to 12MP but when I travel I like taking landscapes and actually don't want them in 12MP. 16MP would be alright as well but my cam just doesn't support it.
Yeah, you have a semi pro camera. I have a feeling it won't be too much of a wait for Aperture for iPad though.
steviem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 04:06 PM   #45
farleysmaster
macrumors 6502a

So does this sync with the events in iPhoto on your Mac? What happens when you edit a photo on the phone?
farleysmaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 04:11 PM   #46
butterfly0fdoom
macrumors 6502a

But... does this support RAW?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 04:21 PM   #47
HarryPot
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly0fdoom View Post
But... does this support RAW?
After much reading, I sincerely doubt it.

I'm not sure if Apple thinks the difference between editing a RAW image and a JPEG image is negligible. But it sure seems like they do.
HarryPot is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 04:53 PM   #48
Fandongo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazonk View Post
What kind of stupid limitation is that?
People who down-voted this are retards.

5dmkii = 21mp.
5dmkiii = 22mp.

Where the hell is the ipad for these people?

You know... the people MOST interested in having on-sight photo manipulation abilities.

Retina display huh?
That would sure make a great DSLR monitor/controller.

Oh right, it's just an overgrown toy that inherently illogically lacks functional use.

At least it has plenty of storage space to accommodate content lovers.
You know, the only reason in having it look pretty is for real content right?

$100 bucks more to get 32gigabytes?
....the size that was in the original ipod touch 5 years ago!!

The New iPad, 2 steps forward... 1,500 steps in a circle.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 04:54 PM   #49
pancakedrawer
macrumors regular

Bad Icon

The iPhoto icon is awful. It looks like a screenshot of the OSX icon sitting on a dock.
pancakedrawer is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 06:04 PM   #50
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
haven't gotten it yet, but will tonight

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion