Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zarusoba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Australia
I recently backed a Kickstarter project for the first time.

Billed as the "The world's first pressure sensitive stylus for iPad", this ingenious device uses high frequency sound to communicate with an iPad or Android tablet.

Although I won't be fully convinced until I see a proper artist demo, this gadget looks like a promising solution for drawing on iPad.

The Procreate app already supports the unfortunately named "jaja stylus".

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You should check out the kick starter product "iPen". It looks really great, especially for Note taking; and it is about to ship in a few days. I wouldn't mind getting one to try it out.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Thoughts in no particular order...

• Very clever, using ultrasonics to communicate.

• Hmm. Wonder if my dog will hate it :)

• Shh. Don't tell the Luddites here who bash tablets that have optional pens. They think we all must stay in the caveman use-your-finger-only era forever

zarusoba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Australia
:) A lot of people are worried about the dog-factor, and the developer claims that there are no problems in that regard:

"No. it wont hurt your animals :) the sound is quite low volume, and can only be heard a foot or two away, even if your animals are really close they wont be bothered by it anyway."

Thoughts in no particular order...

• Very clever, using ultrasonics to communicate.

• Hmm. Wonder if my dog will hate it :)

• Shh. Don't tell the Luddites here who bash tablets that have optional pens. They think we all must stay in the caveman use-your-finger-only era forever

----------

I've seen iPen and it also looks impressive, but it has no pressure sensitivity at this stage.

The sharp tip is a big drawcard. On the other hand, the performance in the video looks a little laggy.

Please let us know what it's like if you do get one.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You should check out the kick starter product "iPen". It looks really great, especially for Note taking; and it is about to ship in a few days. I wouldn't mind getting one to try it out.

note235

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
im thinking about getting the jaja or the ipen for note taking
which one do you guys think would be betteR?
thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.