Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:04 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Pushing Back Initial iPad Orders in UK as Shipments to US Customers Begin

We've received word from several customers in the UK who ordered the new iPad immediately after launch that their orders have been delayed by several days. While at least one of these customers was initially quoted delivery for March 16 and another had been quoted a shipping window of March 16-19, Apple has now pushed back delivery for these customers to March 20 or 21.
Quote:
Despite our best efforts and those of our shipping partners to get your order to you on time, we want to inform you that it will not arrive on its originally scheduled delivery date.
Your new delivery date is 20/03/2012.

Once you receive your Shipment Notification email, you can check the delivery status of your order by clicking the Track Shipment button, or by visiting the Apple Store and clicking Account.

We regret the delay and apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Apple Online Store
Meanwhile, numerous customers in the United States are reporting that they have received shipment notifications for their iPad orders.

As with previous launches, however, Apple will almost certainly be coordinating with its shipping partners to have the orders delivered on March 16, and shipping information for these customers does indeed reflect this date. It is possible, however, that a handful deliveries may slip through to reach customers a bit early as we have seen in the past.

As for new orders, availability continues to slip model-by-model as Apple runs out of its launch stock for the new device. In the United States, the white 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad has become the first Wi-Fi model to see its date slip, now showing a shipping date of March 19. A number of AT&T 4G LTE models are also listed as shipping on that date.

Article Link: Apple Pushing Back Initial iPad Orders in UK as Shipments to US Customers Begin
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Four oF NINE
macrumors 65816

If you snooze, you lose.. You should have ordered on release day!
Four oF NINE is online now   -42 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:06 AM   #3
WildCowboy
Administrator/Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four oF NINE View Post
These people did order on release day, within hours as they were able to access the store.
WildCowboy is offline   12 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:07 AM   #4
douglaswilliams
macrumors member

Hoping...

Mine has shipped through FedEx.

Here's hoping for an early delivery!

Side note: I hope MacRumors will put together a list of True/False rumors and who was right/wrong on what. That would be a good story.
douglaswilliams is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:12 AM   #5
rei101
macrumors 6502a

So good I do not need one
rei101 is offline   -12 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:14 AM   #6
NathP
macrumors member

I'm UK and I ordered about 2am on the 8th. Still says Delivers on March 16
NathP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:15 AM   #7
tomacwhite
macrumors regular

I ordered Thursday morning (UK), 64GB Wifi White. Not had an email yet, hopefully I am ok!
tomacwhite is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:15 AM   #8
kapa1686
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathP View Post
I ordered same time to, and still on schedule. Here's hoping it sticks
kapa1686 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:15 AM   #9
Andy-V
macrumors 6502

Quote:
You didn't read the article did you?
Andy-V is offline   12 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:16 AM   #10
RossMc
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglaswilliams View Post
Mine has shipped through FedEx.

Here's hoping for an early delivery!

Side note: I hope MacRumors will put together a list of True/False rumors and who was right/wrong on what. That would be a good story.
Thumb resize.

Source : http://www.theatlanticwire.com/techn...mongers/49622/
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:17 AM   #11
mrklaw
macrumors 6502a

if i get that mail, then i'm tempted to queue up. not acceptable for preorders to be late imo, especially as apple have already taken money.

if they are going to be late, they should give you the option of instore pickup, and then deliver your ipad to the store later on
mrklaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:17 AM   #12
Adidas Addict
macrumors 65816

I ordered at 4:30 AM a 32GB White and mine's still on track for 16th, but have spoken to others that ordered just after midnight when the store started working again and they have had their orders delayed........

I think the UK store didn't process orders when it seemed to come back online at around midnight.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:17 AM   #13
Lastof
macrumors regular

Quote:
From what people are saying those who have gotten this email still have March 16th listed online, but the email suggest otherwise.

Hopefully it is a mistake, or some kind of phising scam. And if not either of those hopefully my order at 11:45pm on the 7th will be fine (considering the store only came back for us at 11:30ish it better be).
Lastof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:20 AM   #14
Mo1959
macrumors member

Just got in just now to an email saying delayed until 21st I ordered first thing yesterday and was initially told 16th. Pretty disappointed.
Mo1959 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:20 AM   #15
jonnyb
macrumors 6502a

Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the US store was up and running soon after the announcement finished, while the UK store didn't come back until just before midnight, about four and a half hours after Tim finished.
jonnyb is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:23 AM   #16
Jedi Alejandro
macrumors newbie

Annoyed

I ordered mine around 5am on Thursday and was given a March 16 date. Just been told it will be 21. My online order still says 16 March. Not a scam ethier, I called them up and they confirmed 21. Anyone have any idea why? I remember rumors about problems at the screen factories or something.
Jedi Alejandro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:24 AM   #17
840quadra

I would love to have been able to order mine, but will be traveling that weekend, and can't sign for the package .

I guess I will have to wait for the 2nd round like some in the UK, but, that may not be too bad. More time for consumer reviews, and perhaps a few more Retina capable applications will be out when us 2nd wave folks get ours! .
840quadra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:24 AM   #18
Penderworth
macrumors member

Quote:
You should try reading the article before commenting.
Penderworth is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:27 AM   #19
dacreativeguy
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the US store was up and running soon after the announcement finished, while the UK store didn't come back until just before midnight, about four and a half hours after Tim finished.
No. Uk and us customers are not competing for the same inventory. The easiest evidence to this fact is that there are different power adaptors in the box. Apple portioned out the inventory splits.
dacreativeguy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:29 AM   #20
KPOM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
Not necessarily, as a lot of us in the US ordered yesterday (or in my case cancelled my AT&T order and re-ordered a Verizon model) and are still being quoted March 16th delivery, at least for now.

My guess is that demand in the US is pretty good and they reallocated shipments, though as of right now the online store still says that Verizon and Wi-Fi models will deliver on the 16th.

I find it interesting that AT&T's allocation is running out faster than Verizon's in the US, particularly since Verizon has a bigger LTE network and won't charge extra for Wi-Fi hotspot. People still associate AT&T with the iPhone and iPad, I guess.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacreativeguy View Post
No. Uk and us customers are not competing for the same inventory. The easiest evidence to this fact is that there are different power adaptors in the box. Apple portioned out the inventory splits.
That's probably the last step in the assembly process, however. The devices are identical on the inside.
KPOM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:32 AM   #21
Milner99
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Snap
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:32 AM   #22
Lastof
macrumors regular

Those of you getting the emails: What model did you order? 32GB Wifi seems to be the common one to get the delay from the comments I've seen, but maybe they are just going down a list that it happens to be first on.
Lastof is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:33 AM   #23
Meandmunch
macrumors 6502

Got my notice today too!!!! Yipee!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:34 AM   #24
Jedi Alejandro
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastof View Post
From what people are saying those who have gotten this email still have March 16th listed online, but the email suggest otherwise.

Hopefully it is a mistake, or some kind of phising scam. And if not either of those hopefully my order at 11:45pm on the 7th will be fine (considering the store only came back for us at 11:30ish it better be).

Sorry mate but I called them up and they cofirmened. She even apoligised as she said she could see I was up early ordering it! grrr
Jedi Alejandro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:35 AM   #25
PhantomZone
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastof View Post
Those of you getting the emails: What model did you order? 32GB Wifi seems to be the common one to get the delay from the comments I've seen, but maybe they are just going down a list that it happens to be first on.
There doesn't appear to be a pattern...well, not a definite one but there are a lot of N.Ireland customers reporting receiving the eMail so far...
PhantomZone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion