Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbossman

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
Delayed

Ordered a 64GB Wifi Black at 03:30am & have now been told 21st for shipping. Location: Glasgow, Scotland :mad:

joolze

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
Just a thought, but as quite a lot of these delayed order seem to coming from the same area, is it possible that a batch of the new iPads (that are being stored in Scotland) have "gone missing" & it just hasn't hit the news yet...

ms.bex

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
My partner ordered two 16GB iPads, one for both of us, one in white and one in black. The first order didnt go through properly so had to redo the order and was done about 11am yesterday. Was showing as 16th for delivery but, have got an email today saying they'll be dispatched on the 30th! The 30th, two weeks after the launch??? For a April 2nd delivery. Not impressed. £800 and they can't even keep the delivery date it stated. Never owned an iPad before and first time I've pre-ordered something in a while. Never had any problems with pre-orders before. Starting to wish we hadn't bothered now and just waited instead seeing as we're going to have to wait anyway.

Doubly disappointing as we own a few tech sites and was looking forward to the iPads for that. Ie, white and black comparison pics, reviews, unboxings etc etc. :mad:.

PS, I'm not in the middle of nowhere either, in North East England.

lolnick

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I ordered two white 32gig AT&T 4Gs and two black 16gig wifis.

The two black wifis have shipped. No word on the LTE ones.

Ultimacn

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
Lancashire, UK
Just checked UK store and now saying order for delivery after 18th March before you even select which model........

Scrub that, if you go through to select now says 2-3 weeks!

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
uk getting screwed again. First the store didn't come online until like 3 hrs after the us store had been up. Now we're getting shipping delays whilst us customer are getting shipping notifications!

Awesome...:rolleyes:

long live the queen!

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 03/09/2012 8:08 P.M. Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China 03/09/2012 11:55 A.M. Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China 03/08/2012 5:06 P.M. Origin Scan
China 03/09/2012 10:22 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Still shows delivery on the 16th, West Coast via UPS.

If the process is anything like the first time around, the current "location" of the order will bounce around like a tennis ball in a hurricane. The item isn't actually going to all of these places, just the paperwork.

Ultimacn

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
Lancashire, UK
The lovely lady from Texas strikes again!:D

I spoke to her at 9.25pm and reported my experience with said nice lady on another forum, only for another member on the same forum to have had the same one.

This lady needs an instant promotion

My lovely lady was called Christina :)

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
ordered 23:50 as soon as store came up... mine still says 16th - location: middle england.

if mine get bumped, i will be very annoyed after 4 hours of F5'ing!

Joe HS

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
United Kingdom
That's probably the last step in the assembly process, however. The devices are identical on the inside.

They might not be, in the US there are two 4G models but one one, multi-carrier version in the UK.
It could be a similar situation to the last iPad though, were world-wide the "AT&T" GSM model was the only one available, in which case the internals would be the same.

Geminist

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2012
Just checked, still says 16 March online. Not got any emails about delay. I'm based in London.

Lastof

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
Just a thought, but as quite a lot of these delayed order seem to coming from the same area, is it possible that a batch of the new iPads (that are being stored in Scotland) have "gone missing" & it just hasn't hit the news yet...

Possibly, but I think it's more likely that they went to the couriers with the numbers and locations late yesterday/earlier today and were told that they just don't have the additional capacity to ship that many to all the locations, so Apple has had to choose. I guess Tim hates Glasgow and Northern Ireland for some reason.

Rogue.

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Telford. UK.
Hey, I ordered and paid on the 8th.... It gets here when it gets here, who cares I'm sure i'll live :cool:

64Gb WiFi 4G Black.

ETD 16th still.

daveb99

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2011
I think you're right on the location thing. I can't find one person who posted a location here who isn't Scotland/Northern Ireland/Cornwall (and the Cornwall one is Land's End).

Could someone with a better idea of Scottish geography have a look through the three threads and work out how remote the areas are?

From a post in the main UK thread someone was told they are shipping them to Syncreon in Hinckley (which is apparently near Coventry). That would make sense for the Northern Ireland delays (though why they aren't sending them to Cork like I thought they usually do?)

It does look like it might be just the "far" reaches of the country, so possibly the blame lies with the couriers. I guess I'll just sit here hoping it is, and that my firmly Midlands location means I don't have to deal with a delay.

That'll be 2 miles down the road from me then! Here's hoping I don't get bumped, I ordered at 12.15am on the 8th via the App on my iPhone, no emails yet...

ms.bex

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
Forgot to say, my order status online has also been updated to reflect what I was told in the email, unfortunately :(.

Sure I will live but, just disappointing after deciding I wanted it and to pre-order it, to make sure I/we got one at launch and then find out, we won't be.

Rebel Hedgehog

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2012
Northants
Hey, I ordered and paid on the 8th.... It gets here when it gets here, who cares I'm sure i'll live :cool:

64Gb WiFi 4G Black.

ETD 16th still.

Are you for real?

If it is not delivered on time your actual existence will pail into great insignificance which will result in both sleepless nights and a trip to the doctors. This will result in self worthlessness and paranoia which could affect both your home life and your health!!

Get a grip man - it’s a bloody ipad don't you know!:D

Jedi Alejandro

macrumors newbie
Forgot to say, my order status online has also been updated to reflect what I was told in the email, unfortunately :(.

Sure I will live but, just disappointing after deciding I wanted it and to pre-order it, to make sure I/we got one at launch and then find out, we won't be.

Odd, mines still says 16th even though I called up and they confirmend it delayed till 21st. Also, just remembered the woman said upto 21st for delivery and that it could be earlier. She might of just made a mistake or that might mean its the delivers problem. :confused:

smali

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
It's laughable how angry people are about getting a brand new item a few days later.

Really hope everyone who complained has some real **** hit their lives, maybe they wouldn't whine like 5 year olds at christmas who didn't get what they wanted.

Vespa Alex

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
I was a 3am order for a 64gb black wifi model (in the Midlands) and mine's still showing the 16th.

I know it isn't really all that important if it's delayed, but like a lot of people I've sold my iPad 1 (though not yet sent it) and I'm so used to having it around I wouldn't want to be without it for long.

Rogue.

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Telford. UK.
Are you for real?

If it is not delivered on time your actual existence will pail into great insignificance which will result in both sleepless nights and a trip to the doctors. This will result in self worthlessness and paranoia which could affect both your home life and your health!!

Get a grip man - it’s a bloody ipad don't you know!:D

Bugger! (Runs around screaming, waving arms in the air) :p

jpow112

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
Orders..

I ordered at 7.45pm on the 7th, got email confirmation 8.20pm

not had my delivery bumped yet..

The Apple UK store actually opened soon after the presentation finished, but then crashed at about 8pm. I had to attempt multiple times to buy, and it failed just after I had input my security number, so I didn't know if I had succeeded until my email. The store then closed for 4+ hours..

funkymonkeyboy

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
Northern Scotland
It's laughable how angry people are about getting a brand new item a few days later.

Really hope everyone who complained has some real **** hit their lives, maybe they wouldn't whine like 5 year olds at christmas who didn't get what they wanted.

I think people are whining as you say, because they expect higher standards of apple in being able to gauge supply and demand and then alter the date. Fair enough if it was totally beyond its control but a company like apple should be able to give an estimated date within a few days at most not 5 days later. But like you say, its not the end of the world now is it.

SAIRUS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
Umm just placed my order half an hour ago. Looks like I'm still getting it on the 16th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.