Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macuser1991

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
hey guys. i recently got a mac book pro, and i want to play battle field 2142 on it, i have played it before but lost my copy i went out looking today for it but i couldn't find it no gaming stores have bf2142 which is really sad, how can i get 2142???

now i see i can buy it online and then get origin but then i try downloading origin and it does not work since i believe it is a xp set up version, which makes me mad!!!!!!... now what do i do??? is there a way i can buy the game online here and then download it to my mac?? or do i have to do this dumb stuff for bootcamp assistant? if that cause i have to go out and buy this dam cd for that to.... please help i wanted to play this game as of tonight but it looks like i won't be able to get the game now?

macuser1991

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
says it can't ship to my address does that mean it doesn't ship to ontario??
do u know any other sites that i can go to to order this game? i know i can't get it on ea sites why is this?

David085

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
I forgot about this game I never played the Mac Version I have the PC Version but it doesn't work on OS X so might get a used copy next time from amazon for $19.99 only :D

macuser1991

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
nice nice, lol but not helping me :( i think so far the best luck i have i think is buy having to buy the game on ea for a pc platform, then do boot camp assistant with windows 7 64 bit right? but i would really love if i could find a disc for mac and buy it like that instead of having to get two OS's on my lap top :(....

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
looks like the mac version only ever got updated to 1.50 which sucks :/ but i suppose you'd be limited to playing other mac players on the same version then for multiplayer. not sure how many of them there'd be.

macuser1991

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
aww dam man :( ok well thanks a lot bro, you helped me a lot and i thank you for that, i just have one more question that means i should do boot camp on my mac and then run it in a windows 7 and buy the copy of battle field 2142 correct?then i could play with everyone else?>? :O

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
yeah if you got the windows version then you could run the latest version. all this talk makes me want to re-install it too:)

macuser1991

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
do it man I'm going to be doing it hahah i just need the disc I'm going to be getting it tmrw through a friend, I'm hoping to god i do this right, I'm not pro with macs :( they say its easy but maybe ill be the retard to mess it up with my mac and i do not want that. if i get the game working shoot me a message? and is there anyway u can like inbox me so we can talk instead of talk on this thread?

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
yeah just pm me if you want. remember you need a serial # to play online so if you lost that to you'd need to buy a new copy. bootcamp is pretty easy just run the assistant in utilities in osx then install windows like normal. you have to format the bootcamp partition in setup cause bootcamp only creates a fat32 partition for you.

nickwills

Suspended
Mar 12, 2012
i was not havig any interest this but i saw my cousin playing this game i am standing there and he said try this game i said ok i try it and after that battle field become my favorite game all feature & performance was good this also available mac operating system x from various places on the internet easy to find it so play to enjoy it

macuser1991

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
umm nick if you were reading the game is out for mac but the patch that is the newest is not for a mac :( which means we would be playing a patch back and only with mac users, so it would be a very small portion of people playing id rather try boot camp and **** up my computer :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.