Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YoMoma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
Iowa
I been listening with my mp3 players for years with just earbuds. Got a set of Skullcandy`s now which sound alright, but just put on my pc mic/headphone and this sounds much better. More bass, is what I want. The earbuds are good but I dont think they fit in my ears well enuf to produce good sound.
My question is, what brand of lightweight headset works good with the IPhone and has good sound quality? Im using a bumper for protection on my phone so the headphone jack cant be too large or it wont get by the bumper to make a complete conection.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
1st what's your budget and there are a ton of threads that already answer this.. ;) there is also your preferences a audiophile is interested in purest truest sound. So they tend to hate Dre's a base heads is more likely to like them. best best look on Amazon and read there reviews.

Last edited:

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
My question is, what brand of lightweight headset works good with the IPhone and has good sound quality?
Keep in mind that "good sound quality" is extremely subjective. You mention you want better bass make sure you're very clear on that if that's something you want. Don't assume that everyone else's notion of "good sound quality" is the same as your own. My IEM's are excellent but wouldn't be suited for you.

Also, always provide a budget. The more info you provide on what you're looking for the better the suggestions you'll get.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Keep in mind that "good sound quality" is extremely subjective. You mention you want better bass make sure you're very clear on that if that's something you want. Don't assume that everyone else's notion of "good sound quality" is the same as your own. My IEM's are excellent but wouldn't be suited for you.

Also, always provide a budget. The more info you provide on what you're looking for the better the suggestions you'll get.

Have to agree with this comment. There are so many factors to define "Good sound quality"

A lot of people suggests Shure in-ear, but I don't like the characteristic of the Shure headphone. I prefer Bose or Shure but a lot of people said otherwise, Both of us are not wrong. It depends on your "Preferable characteristic" of headphone.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
i have been using the id america spark in ears, cost 55 bucks and sound pretty good, the build and design is very nice and you won't have problems using them with any cases. check them out they come in some interesting colors also.

YoMoma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
Iowa
I`m not looking to spend more than $50 on a set of headphones. I like good clear music but I want a little bass. The same bass my $50 SkullCandy earbuds dont seem to provide.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.