Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sinar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Hi,

Will anyone be queueing for the launch in Meadowhall? Does anyone know what time the car park will be open?

Any idea what time the queues typically start?

Julie

lc25

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2009
Last year for the iPad 2 i know two people who got there at 6am and landed 15/16th in the line by 3pm the line went out into the car park.....

tc3nitro

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Leeds/York
I was 12th in line last year and arrived at about 06:15.
If you put ' iPad 2 meadowhall' into youtube you will see my video of how big the queue was just before the launch last year.

I will be standing in line next Friday for 'New iPad' along with a mate I met there last year.

I would imagine the queue will be no where near as big or as early this year.

Would be great to hear from anyone who stood/sat in-line last year !

M:apple:rk

PONR

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I was not there last year but it looked crazy, by the looks of it. I will be there early! Cant wait

PONR

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

What time are peeps getting there? Anyone know if its a morning or afternoon launch?

andyvm

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
I was there for the iPad 2 launch last year and arrived at 5am for the 5pm launch and was about 5th in line! Still undecided about getting the new iPad!!

PONR

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Rumors suggest its a morning launch, i think its worth the upgrade. However i did not purchase ipad 2 due to screen res being the same as ipad 1. I think its a step up from both pads.

Jill Sandwich

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
Hi there :)
I queued last year with my friend and got there 8am for the 6pm launch. I think we were about 30th in the queue.
I rang Meadowhall Apple Store yesterday and the guy said it'd probably be an 8am launch this time like the iPhone 4S, and there's been news today that it's 8am in the states. He did say he wasn't 100% certain and to call a bit later in the week.
I'll be driving down from Hull so it looks like I won't be getting any sleep Thursday night!

Edit: Just thought, 8am EST is 12pm GMT. Midday launch?

Last edited:

PONR

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012

I think ill b there for 2-3ish am. If its going to be like anything like 4s launch, i was about 110th and i got there for 3 am.

applefanboy21

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
Queueing...

I was 16th in the queue for iPad2 at Meadowhall and got there at 6am for the 5pm launch.

This time its a 8am Friday opening so will be there Thursday night to get a good place.

Met some real nice guys in the queue last time..you gonna be there tonight???

Hope theres some facilities open all night lol

tc3nitro

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Leeds/York
I was 16th in the queue for iPad2 at Meadowhall and got there at 6am for the 5pm launch.

This time its a 8am Friday opening so will be there Thursday night to get a good place.

Met some real nice guys in the queue last time..you gonna be there tonight???

Hope theres some facilities open all night lol

You must have been stood by me......

Not sure about the facilities but mcdonalds is not that far !

Last edited:

tc3nitro

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Leeds/York
If i miss the first time, can i still get the new iPad? someone said the exact price of the new ipad was confirmed, but i don't know if it's from the reliable information...? Looking forward to the March 16th.

I would imagine you would be looking at a couple of weeks wait after this first batch have sold.....

All the prices are listed here http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/select_ipad. These prices will not change and are confirmed.

tc3nitro

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Leeds/York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm currently stood at the side of the store !
1st in line !!! Whoop
I have spoken to Apple and they do not know what is happening, but Meadowhall have said that they will organise the queue about 9pm and it will be in the service entrance to the left of the store (behind me !).

When you arrive give me a shout !

Mark

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.